Tips for Alpha 7?

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
pianofritz
Rookie
Rookie

Tips for Alpha 7?

Post by pianofritz »

Last tip in the walkthrough for Alpha 7 was on July 21. Anyone have any new info?
eyestrain92
Trained
Trained

Re: Tips for Alpha 7?

Post by eyestrain92 »

The way I rolled through Alpha 7 was preparation. In an earlier mission, I built a double-wide line of tank traps at the edge of the map where the New Paradigm come through. Let them sit there as you either research, or build mortar pits just out of range. Start putting up defenses, reinforce it with a decent-sized battle group, by now, probably led by a commander, and you shouldn't have to worry so much about things.

Produce ten or so mortar units, preferably on wheel, and a sensor unit. You can push through the entire mission by using a commander and your main battle tanks to draw fire, and switching quickly to your sensor and one by one calling a firestorm down on the enemy with your mortars. Setting your units to retreat at medium is a good idea, just make sure to continually build repair bays further and further as you defeat the enemy little by little. I cleared this mission with a good half-hour left on hard mode.
pianofritz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pianofritz »

Are we talking about the same mission? Perhaps I identified it incorrectly. It's the one where one enemy VTOL keeps coming in with a load of tanks and you have to keep them from getting to their base by supposedly building defensive "structures" - whatever that means. I've kept several loads of tanks from getting anywhere by destroying them all and have built machinegun towers, mini-rocket towers, sensor towers, one combet group of mortars and another of tanks with Cobra bodies and full tracks and rockets, hard crete walls, tank traps etc. etc. etc. but at the end of thirty minutes I get the same "Mission Failed" notice. Aggravating! Any suggestions?
eyestrain92
Trained
Trained

Post by eyestrain92 »

Oh hey I played through that yesterday! So there's a couple ways we can go about this. Hopefully, you have a savegame before this mission.

Don't build a forward base on the plateau. Conserve resources.

There's a single points they all must pass towards the northeast corner, where the road goes off the map northbound. The ramp there to the southwest, that is where you'll want a spammy amount of defenses. As for winning, all you need to do is get rid of every New Paradigm unit on the map. If you kill them effectively, the mission can be done in under five minutes. Have an assault force bounce between points, your main problem will be mortar units who love to sit around and hit things without you noticing them.
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

Actualy you must build 4 defensive structures where you asked to build base and they must stay there at the period when the map is cleared of enemie units and no help comes for them.
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Clearing the map is a bit difficult, by the way, since those little guys are pretty good at hiding. Make sure to check places like the bottom right.
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

XD
I've just ended alpha 7 having free 1 hour and alpha 8 completed less then in a minute...And i still have 38 units cobra half track middle cannon/launcher/HMG.And I wasn't even trying hard.Actualy i didn't use my 1 free hour =P
devastator
Trained
Trained

Post by devastator »

I'm still completing missions without thinkng about money and time...and my forces just grow.Should I make a guide? )
pianofritz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pianofritz »

The Alpha 7 I'm talking about as described in the walkthrough is only 30 minutes long. Where did you get the extra hour?
guciomir
Trained
Trained

Post by guciomir »

so did you acomplish that mission? It is really easy, you have only to build some structures where the game tells you to. And destroy some enemy tanks/cyborgs which come from enemy flying transports. Sometimes cyborgs are hiding so you have to find them. It's all.
pianofritz
Rookie
Rookie

Post by pianofritz »

guciomir wrote:so did you acomplish that mission? It is really easy, you have only to build some structures where the game tells you to. And destroy some enemy tanks/cyborgs which come from enemy flying transports. Sometimes cyborgs are hiding so you have to find them. It's all.
Yeah, I completed the mission but in spite of doing it about seven or eight times before being successful, I never did see any cyborgs. Only tanks. Incidentally, I'm following the nomenclature of the "Walkthrough" in the Warzone 2100 guide. Are we talking about the same mission?
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

I finished it in less than 30 seconds after the first transport landed. ;)
I played the previous mission by slowly building large mortar pit fire bases, so when the first transport landed almost the entire map was in range of 5 or 6 mortars. :D

the power required to build the mortars came from letting the game sit all night on the first mission.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
o0hshift
Rookie
Rookie

Post by o0hshift »

sry i cant delete my post.