Build Repair Facility?

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
subconscious
New user

Build Repair Facility?

Post by subconscious »

Very new here, so please, sympathy. Running 9.04 Ubuntu and just installed wz and now finished Alpha 2 on the Walkthrough - Campaign 1.

Alpha 2 walkthough says I should be able to build a Repair Facility, however there is no choice to build a Repair Facility before moving to Alpha 3. I have no problem researching and building the Mobile Repair Turrets... but there is no Repair Facility to build. Looking at the following missions it seems the Repair Facility is rather important. Any ideas what I'm doing wrong?
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Re: Build Repair Facility?

Post by Zarel »

It means that you should build a Repair Turret, which you get by researching Engineering (which you get at the last base of Alpha 1), then Repair Turret.

You don't get Repair Facility until a lot later.
NEXUS
Trained
Trained

Post by NEXUS »

It seems that the walkthrough used a early build of the game (I.E. Not retail) to pull it's infomation. Is the walkthrough pulled in part from the Prima Fast Track Guide? Because that looks like it used a pre-release build of the game. You don't get the Repair Facility until Alpha 5. :)
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

Yeah, it's a complete copy/paste from one of those guides. I've been replacing them with themousemaster's guides, but I haven't really gotten past Alpha 1 yet.
subconscious
New user

Post by subconscious »

Thanks for the responses. I don't have loads of time to play, however I'm enjoying the game very much. My thanks to the developers and support community.