The *NEW* Warzone walkthrough (Done with RED units)

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
CheatCat
Greenhorn

Re: The *NEW* Warzone walkthrough (Done with RED units)

Post by CheatCat »

j0shdrunk0nwar wrote:
CheatCat wrote:Alpha 6 was really hard and it was there I begin to use the guide.
Hey there CheatCat,

Consider playing the tutorial before proceeding with any real-action, it's somewhat useful. And you'll have a better experience if you go through most of the guide at least once. And I'm not talking about just the walkthrough. The guide has been specially formatted for printing, so having a copy of the manual proves very handy for a first-timer.

Regards,
JDW
Yes, I have played the tutorial, very good stuff. :) I assume the Fastplay was also a part of the tutorial...

The guide is really great, I prefer to using the online version of some reason. Don't like papers :P
JDW
Regular
Regular

Post by JDW »

CheatCat wrote:The guide is really great, I prefer to using the online version of some reason. Don't like papers :P
Whatever works for you 8)

Regards,
JDW
"Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."
-- Ambrose Bierce
CheatCat
Greenhorn

Post by CheatCat »

Beta 4 is just too hard! :( The commander never comes and their defences are impossible to break. Any ideas?
Skrim
Trained
Trained

Post by Skrim »

Lancefighter wrote:skrim, emplacements vs mobile artillery one truck can build a ton of emplacements, one mobile unit can only be one artillery.
Using emplacements means that you can keep building them over and over and over (you have 20k+ energy, right?)
Yeah, but I find spamming stuff with trucks to be quite annoying, especially after having done lots of it throughout the Gamma campaign. An alternative way to spam artillery is to build loads of mobile arty units and ship them in at 10 per minute. On a Vengeance platform, they're quite a bit more durable than the emplacements, and can of course be moved around.
CheatCat wrote:Beta 4 is just too hard! :( The commander never comes and their defences are impossible to break. Any ideas?
It's possible that the Commander has gotten stuck on some random building somewhere. If he never shows up, try advancing north from the eastern bridge near your LZ towards the Collective's docks. If he gets stuck, it's usually somewhere between the docks and the fortress.
- Skrim,
- Returning WZ fan, and creator of the WZ2100 TV Tropes page.
Lancefighter
Trained
Trained

Post by Lancefighter »

Skrim wrote:
Lancefighter wrote:skrim, emplacements vs mobile artillery one truck can build a ton of emplacements, one mobile unit can only be one artillery.
Using emplacements means that you can keep building them over and over and over (you have 20k+ energy, right?)
Yeah, but I find spamming stuff with trucks to be quite annoying, especially after having done lots of it throughout the Gamma campaign. An alternative way to spam artillery is to build loads of mobile arty units and ship them in at 10 per minute. On a Vengeance platform, they're quite a bit more durable than the emplacements, and can of course be moved around.
well yeah, if you can get 10 per minute.. around beta campaign, its 10 per minute and a half (iirc), gamma, 10 per 3 minutes.

in that time, a few trucks can get a lot more done imo, especially if i need to ship in main battle tanks as well
kracker
Trained
Trained

Post by kracker »

This guide rocks... keep it up! :D
Error: Keyboard not found. Press any key to continue.
~Co-Founder of the clan BDC.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

kracker wrote:This guide rocks... keep it up! :D
I will, as soon as I notice an announcement ont he front page saying "the 100K upload restriction is fixed" :wink:
pmarc
Greenhorn

Post by pmarc »

Skrim wrote:
CheatCat wrote:Beta 4 is just too hard! :( The commander never comes and their defences are impossible to break. Any ideas?
It's possible that the Commander has gotten stuck on some random building somewhere. If he never shows up, try advancing north from the eastern bridge near your LZ towards the Collective's docks. If he gets stuck, it's usually somewhere between the docks and the fortress.
I have experienced the same.

CheatCat, hover trucks + hover bombards usually do the trick for me.
I do two shipments of 2 trucks + 8 bombards, then set up a sensor to kill the TK tower near LZ, then Rebair bay, then some AA.
Second shipment should arrive by then.

Then, carefully start putting sensors on the east edge of the map :ninja: , with your arty following behind. Bomb everything into oblivion.
As you get to the NE base, build some AA near the north/center. Maybe a repair bay.

By the third shipping, send in your MBG.
The New Paradigm
New user

Post by The New Paradigm »

Yeah i was really lucky on that mission with the V.T.O.Ls and the commander.
Both got stuck on buildings, the commander and his troop behind the ones directly outside their base, and the V.T.O.Ls on the buildings coming back from their first strike, so no more ever came :D.

I suggest taking around at least 4 mobile AA guns with you in your first transport, two trucks, and a few meat shields.
On the second transport, bring in your strike team.
You are in contravention of The New Paradigm, you will be destroyed.
CheatCat
Greenhorn

Post by CheatCat »

Yeah, the commander was hiding beside the north base. Thank you guys. :D

I don't know if it is a bug, but the mission with the NASDA Central, Beta 7, you are supposed to loose if they destroy the radar thing? Well, I captured the thing and some of the enemy mortar bunkers bomb it down. Then I was told to return to LZ so I did it and then... Stage finished! WHAT?! XD
WarTux
Trained
Trained

Post by WarTux »

CheatCat wrote:I don't know if it is a bug, but the mission with the NASDA Central, Beta 7, you are supposed to loose if they destroy the radar thing? Well, I captured the thing and some of the enemy mortar bunkers bomb it down. Then I was told to return to LZ so I did it and then... Stage finished! WHAT?! XD
What!? O_o

1. If the control center is destroyed you lose the mission.

2. You are not supposed to "return to LZ!"
Warzone nicknames: WarTux[BDC], ChuckNorris-BDC, DeathStar, etc.
Part of the Black Dragon Clan; apply today, we welcome most! :3
On the Warzone IRC channel you can find me hanging out with the BDC dudes or messing with the bot.
CheatCat
Greenhorn

Post by CheatCat »

Then it is a bug, because it was exactly what happens. I can replay that stage later and take some screenshots or something.

In BETA 10 I was told to build AP defences. What is that? :?
WarTux
Trained
Trained

Post by WarTux »

CheatCat wrote:In BETA 10 I was told to build AP defences. What is that? :?
AP stands for "anti-personnel," which means "anti-cyborg." So basically just AG hardpoints.
Warzone nicknames: WarTux[BDC], ChuckNorris-BDC, DeathStar, etc.
Part of the Black Dragon Clan; apply today, we welcome most! :3
On the Warzone IRC channel you can find me hanging out with the BDC dudes or messing with the bot.
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

Hey, the mousemaster, I've been following your campaign walkthrough for a while now, and until today it's been fairly useful. However, today I've found that your strategy for Beta 7 isn't working for me. You say early on that setting my tanks to "retreat at medium damage" will keep them from being destroyed by the artilerly. Well, I've tried that, and the second my tanks start carrying out the stuff you listed, one of them gets fried by the enemy Ripple Rockets in two seconds flat. There's literally no time for the target tank to retreat, as the ripple rockets are powerful enough to take it out almost instantly. I dunno if this is a problem with me using a different build (are you using the latest), as I've read that the development team has been altering the stats of the weapons ocasionally, or if it's just me not understanding how you kept your tanks alive. Can you offer any more advice? :?
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

CyclonatorZ wrote:Hey, the mousemaster, I've been following your campaign walkthrough for a while now, and until today it's been fairly useful. However, today I've found that your strategy for Beta 7 isn't working for me. You say early on that setting my tanks to "retreat at medium damage" will keep them from being destroyed by the artilerly. Well, I've tried that, and the second my tanks start carrying out the stuff you listed, one of them gets fried by the enemy Ripple Rockets in two seconds flat. There's literally no time for the target tank to retreat, as the ripple rockets are powerful enough to take it out almost instantly. I dunno if this is a problem with me using a different build (are you using the latest), as I've read that the development team has been altering the stats of the weapons ocasionally, or if it's just me not understanding how you kept your tanks alive. Can you offer any more advice? :?

The artillery I was referring to was the Howitzer emplacements, not the Ripple rockets ones.

If you are placing your stuff appropriately, the enemy's Ripple Rockets should be firing at "artillery hill", not your MBG, as the structures on "artillery hill" are closer to the RR bateries than your tanks are. Even if you don't have any of "artillery hill" up yet, the trucks building it should be getting the bombardment, not your tanks.

Also, ever since... 2.1.0 I think, projectiles have hit detection for the ground/walls. While not my preferred method, one could in theory have the "closest" tank to the RR batteries hide behind the face of a sheer cliff, shich should provide cover for it.

All RR batteries are basically due south from the LZ (but on top of the cliff, so due south + 9 spaces east I guess). I believe there is 4 of them.