The *NEW* Warzone walkthrough (Done with RED units)

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: The *NEW* Warzone walkthrough (Done with RED units)

Post by NoQ »

Out of these ten you just posted only ONE, at most, is related to saving games; and it doesn't break your progress.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

NoQ wrote:Out of these ten you just posted only ONE, at most, is related to saving games; and it doesn't break your progress.
have you tried it?
start game and try to save then load after you get each objective
it is screwed up sometimes
and it is more than one of the ones I posted that break things your just trying to hide the problems :roll:
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Originway wrote:have you tried it?
start game and try to save then load after you get each objective
it is screwed up sometimes
and it is more than one of the ones I posted that break things your just trying to hide the problems :roll:
I am starting to wonder whether you are deliberately just trying to add noise to these forums.

Of course I've tried it. We did not release 3.1 without testing campaign. But of course it is also "screwed up sometimes", since finding and eliminating every bug is something even NASA can't do.

Some of these ticket have nothing to do with campaign, even.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Alright, game-saving aside... is it true what I read that, as of this moment, all structures act as artillery spotters, instead of just the sensor-based ones?

Edit:

Found the ticket in case anyone was wondering; ticket 3672
johnnycman
New user

Post by johnnycman »

This us a very good guide. I'm working on a different strategy relying more on indirect fire weapons and sensor towers.
I made a discovery and I'm wondering if any one else has seen this.
I was experimenting with the final Beta mission "Evacuate Beta Base" As an experiment, I ignored the first three transports transporting no units to the safe haven. The last of the transports shows up with about one second - just enough time to order the units sitting on the pad to board the transport. I wound up at the first Gamma site with 6 units: four tracked tigers with heavy cannons and 2 tracked tiger trucks. I have no reinforcements available so I'm dead right? Wrong. I managed to build enough defenses to hold off the Nexus nasties, build a factory, 2 oil derricks and a power generator and begin to expand my forces. Much to my surprise, I heard the "reinforcements landing" announcement and received two full transports. What landed were not units that I had built but tracked python assault guns and HPV cannons. These units were highly experienced some as high as 900 level hero units - These units were far more experienced than any units I had developed. I played Warzone 2100 years ago when it was first released in 1999 or 2000. Don't remember anything like that. Has the scenario been tweaked at all. And is a new scenario outside the scope of the scenario?
Nameless
Trained
Trained

Post by Nameless »

How goes the documentation?

Now that I've returned in a more limited capacity, I was just wondering.

A few things have happened on my end and the existing documention I once had will now be hosted the website I was originally pushing my documentation to.

Links to come later and links to be posted.

- Nameless
If you're reading this; you're awesome.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Nice walkthrough overall. :)
Though I would prefer if it focused more on strategy and build orders, stuff like that. :wink:
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Strategy in campaign? Hmmmm. This walktrough is a very good "Tactical" way. Not the best-but a very good one.. The best way to solve the campaign is:"Try it for yourself". Sorry for my bad english. Did you ever try this mod?, Hesterax? Very strong. Thats WZ....http://addons.wz2100.net/238
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

I meant that I would have preferred if this was a guide that focused on strategy in Warzone 2100 games in general like skirmish and multiplayer games, but its okay to leave it as a walkthrough, I am not saying that I am against this guide. :)
Plus to be honest I never seen this mod.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
lakf648
New user

Post by lakf648 »

Thanks for the walkthrough!

I've been playing for about 15 hours, and I'm following it.

I'm just sad I'll have to wait a bit to see a strategy I didnt thought sooner heheh! But dude, thank you for the work, its very prolific and useful!

Thank you again!
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Yes-this walkthrough is great. But choose your own path. Try to solve Alpha 5 only with mg. For experience. It is possible. It is very important to make a hero-commander.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Guardsman Brendo
Trained
Trained

Post by Guardsman Brendo »

Hey, mousemaster, I noticed you said to create a save at the very start of a mission. If you use a save slot other than Autosave, the game saves at the very beginning of a level in the Autosave folder. I ended up having to do that when I was playing the Kill NP level, and I messed up my save at a point where I got killed at the LZ.
herezjohny
New user

Post by herezjohny »

I don’t know what mission im on but ive searched the whole map, destroyed all in my way, researched everything and upgraded buildings etc but now ive just got over an hour left on the clock and seemed to have run out of things to do. How do i trigger the next stage?
Attachments
image.jpg
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Can you upload a save (folder and .gam file with the same name). Hard to tell what is happening here with the screenshot alone.