The *NEW* Warzone walkthrough (Done with RED units)

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: The *NEW* Warzone walkthrough (Done with RED units)

Post by NoQ »

MIssion time on yours was 8:48
10:35 includes preparations before the transport was launched. Doesn't matter much.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Great, there's a version 3 now?

am I gonna have to come back to these boards to try my hand a 2nd time at a walkthrough? ;p
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Great-themousemaster is back in town.
Yeah-thats a nice idea-a new walkthrough. Try it please :-)
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

montetank wrote:Great-themousemaster is back in town.
Yeah-thats a nice idea-a new walkthrough. Try it please :-)
rather than risk a repeat of my... "adventures" last time, I'm going to do a bit more work preemptively before I commit to a "v2.0" walkthrough.

For example, I need to figure out the changes in Version 3... I saw a "changelog", but the amount of items in it doesn't strike me as needed a new full version number... there's gotta be more to it ;p
cybersphinx
Inactive
Inactive

Post by cybersphinx »

themousemaster wrote:For example, I need to figure out the changes in Version 3... I saw a "changelog", but the amount of items in it doesn't strike me as needed a new full version number... there's gotta be more to it ;p
Seems for some reason the general info I prepared for the 3.1 release didn't make it into the actual announcement... See e.g. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9390 "About the 3.1 series" and "Changes since the 2.3 series".
We want information... information... information.
Nameless
Trained
Trained

Post by Nameless »

themousemaster; how about a new version for a new PDF walkthrough? ;)

A while back I made a PDF using yours (http://warzone2100.zxq.net/repo/PDF/wz2 ... ficial.pdf) and I'd like to do the same, but y'know; bigger and better and all that..
If you're reading this; you're awesome.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Nameless wrote:themousemaster; how about a new version for a new PDF walkthrough? ;)

A while back I made a PDF using yours (http://warzone2100.zxq.net/repo/PDF/wz2 ... ficial.pdf) and I'd like to do the same, but y'know; bigger and better and all that..
First thing's first is, I need to make sure *what* I do is going to work, before I go telling everyone else what to... ya know, do.

For example, I read in one thread that there is a bug right now that causes *ANY* structure to act as an artillery spotter, instead of just sensor-type towers. If that is true, then most of my entire strategy from v2 would be a wash; I'd either have to come up with brand new strategies, or wait for the bug to be fixed.

Or, maybe I read it wrong. In any event, things like that are critical when making a "walkthrough".

Any entirely different option, of course, is that since I wrote my last guide, this brand-new-fangled thing called "youtube" has become popular, and it's concept of "Let's Play" (well, not it's concept, but certainly now it's major home) could be a better usage of guide-generation.

That would mean I'd have to make a youtube account first, of course... and I hear that new users have a maximum upload time of 15-ish minutes, so if I go that route, I'd end up with a LOT of episodes ;p
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

The youtube limit increases after a while - the initial 15 min limit is just there to stop people making accounts to upload full hollywood movies. Once you've uploaded a few videos the limit subsides.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Nameless
Trained
Trained

Post by Nameless »

@mousemaster; well whatever you do, let us know eh? Now that my once favorite space-game decided to, eh; lets say "go a different route" I've got a bit more time to contribute once again.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Nameless wrote:@mousemaster; well whatever you do, let us know eh? Now that my once favorite space-game decided to, eh; lets say "go a different route" I've got a bit more time to contribute once again.

Indeed. On the one hand, I can show in full video the concepts... on the other hand, I like drawing in MSPaint all over the pictures like a Football coach.

Plus, I sound like I hail from Nerdvania, so there's that.

It's still gonna be a bit though, as I said, I need to re-figure out the game (and/or wait for bugfixes), and then allocate my personal time for it. I'll be sure to let you know more as I do.

Err... which space game?
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

it is what is not written down that is screwing up campaign
balance was changed because of what they did to other parts of the program and now some units are too weak and some are too hard
there are also savegame issues with lots of missions not saving or restoring things back as it should :(
they really screwed up :(
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

come to think of it the only way you can finish campaign these days is to play straight through without loading games
Nameless
Trained
Trained

Post by Nameless »

@mousemaster; it was just another one of those minecraft-inspired sandbox games but only set in space. Was loads of fun building your favorite space opera's spaceships and being able to use them in-canon.
Originway wrote:come to think of it the only way you can finish campaign these days is to play straight through without loading games
Seriously? Well that sucks..
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Originway wrote:come to think of it the only way you can finish campaign these days is to play straight through without loading games
Really? Point me to the bug ticket that says this.
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

Per wrote:
Really? Point me to the bug ticket that says this.
O_o WTF you don't look at your own bug list?
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/4006
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3907
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3945
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/4001
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3983
and this is just a quick look!
all these either have to do with loading saved games or that campaign is screwed up in another way