The *NEW* Warzone walkthrough (Done with RED units)

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
Outlaw325
Rookie
Rookie

Re: The *NEW* Warzone walkthrough (Done with RED units)

Post by Outlaw325 »

themousemaster wrote:
Outlaw325 wrote:Great work on the walkthrough, but it'd be nice if ya continued it, since I'm on Gamma 3 and I have NO idea what I'm supposed to do, since my army isn't there, and all I got is my bombers. :?

I assure you, I haven't forgotten about this.

It's just that, in both beating a, and passing a stage though the "editorial" phase, I need a couple uninterrupted hours to sit down and pound one out.

Since more than 1/2 of my weekends are being spent at work now (not even counting how late I stay on normal days), finding "guaranteed" time is becoming harder and harder.

It's on my to-do list though :ninja:
Ouch, that must suck. Still, any chance of a hint as to where the heck my army is? If NEXUS has them as wel as taking Gamma base, I'm gonna be annoyed.
Overkill- So rarely needed, so often fun.
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

@Outlaw325, that's after that mission where you need to escape before underground warhead will explode?
If yes, then you can build repair facility and recycle most of units and build new with factories.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
Outlaw325
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Outlaw325 »

Emdek wrote:@Outlaw325, that's after that mission where you need to escape before underground warhead will explode?
If yes, then you can build repair facility and recycle most of units and build new with factories.
It is, but my point is I have NO units on the field. They're all just gone, not even the Commander tab is there
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

Outlaw325 wrote:
Emdek wrote:@Outlaw325, that's after that mission where you need to escape before underground warhead will explode?
It is, but my point is I have NO units on the field. They're all just gone, not even the Commander tab is there
Yes, after that mission you will lost all these units with were sent to attack the silo.

Here is short, older walktrough (somewhere is also one old with screenshots):
http://www.neoseeker.com/resourcelink.html?rlid=51099

themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Here's the "official walkthrough" response:

IF you followed my guide, and sent ALL your ground-combat to Gamma 2, then they will be out of action for 3 stages. This is VERY PREFERABLE to having them around, however, once you reach the "Nexus HAHA stage". Trust me.

As for Gamma 3, a good size bomber airforce is more than sufficient to take the entire stage out. If you are good at micro-management, you can even get away with using nothing but planes, AND losing none of them.
Outlaw325
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Outlaw325 »

themousemaster wrote:Here's the "official walkthrough" response:

IF you followed my guide, and sent ALL your ground-combat to Gamma 2, then they will be out of action for 3 stages. This is VERY PREFERABLE to having them around, however, once you reach the "Nexus HAHA stage". Trust me.

As for Gamma 3, a good size bomber airforce is more than sufficient to take the entire stage out. If you are good at micro-management, you can even get away with using nothing but planes, AND losing none of them.
Phew, thanks for that. I'm glad they're gonna be available (and I've got a sizeable bomber force, so the bomber idea will be do-able)
Desolator4u
Trained
Trained

Post by Desolator4u »

Up to this day I haven't completed the Campaign yet. Hell, I haven't even finished Alpha. I need to continue it when I get some damn free time, but I was glancing over your walkthrough, and it looks helpful, detailed with markers and stuff. Just commending you on your work, and I suppose i'll be referring to it in the future.

Nuff Respeck
~Des
>> Xfire ID: desolator4u | Warzone 2100 Xfire Group: http://www.xfire.com/communities/theproject/ <<
Outlaw325
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Outlaw325 »

Not really my job, but I figure I'll let you all know this- The NEXUS 'hahaha' stage (Gamma 5, I think?) comes RIGHT after you rescue a whole bunch of Hero rank Alpha units. So for goodness sake, make sure you recycle them ASAP (I turned them into a second Battle Group with commander so I could pull off pincer attacks and all that, and none of them were lost to NEXUS on that particlar stage). The order you lose structures in seems to go like this- Command Centre, Rearming Pad/Bomber (if you have them, and I'm unsure which goes, since my bombers were sat on them when they got nuked by my artillery), VTOL factories, a truck, and then your normal factories, if memory serves. I got around losing any important units by constantly building scrub factories, but my bomber force was DECIMATED by my own artillery ¬¬. Also, I've not seen much use for all those Rotary MGs around the map, along with the west-edge defences besides as NEXUS infection fodder.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Outlaw325 wrote:Not really my job, but I figure I'll let you all know this- The NEXUS 'hahaha' stage (Gamma 5, I think?) comes RIGHT after you rescue a whole bunch of Hero rank Alpha units. So for goodness sake, make sure you recycle them ASAP (I turned them into a second Battle Group with commander so I could pull off pincer attacks and all that, and none of them were lost to NEXUS on that particlar stage). The order you lose structures in seems to go like this- Command Centre, Rearming Pad/Bomber (if you have them, and I'm unsure which goes, since my bombers were sat on them when they got nuked by my artillery), VTOL factories, a truck, and then your normal factories, if memory serves. I got around losing any important units by constantly building scrub factories, but my bomber force was DECIMATED by my own artillery ¬¬. Also, I've not seen much use for all those Rotary MGs around the map, along with the west-edge defences besides as NEXUS infection fodder.
That's exactly why they are there. To give Nexus more choices to convert, and as well, to shoot down anything he does. Once the "haha" stage is over, though, don't recycle them... they will be used as even MORE fodder later on.

During the "haha" stage, Nexus actually launches ground attacks as well, sending in units from where I have set up the "west edge" defenses, as well as a couple airstrikes. If you COMPLETELY wall off that opening with structures, however, the units that normally spawn there might not... I haven't figured out how much is "total blockade" though.

I'm going to TRY to get Gamma3 out this weekend, though I already know I'm going to be working through it, so it will depend on how long my shifts last.
kringled
Trained
Trained

Post by kringled »

Even completely walling off an area will not stop enemy units from spawning, as they actually spawn outside the area you can build in and move into the main map from there.
In Gamma5, I didn't lose many (any?) defensive structures directly to Nexus control - what I did lose was mainly factories, maybe some repair facilities. Experienced units also seem to be much less susceptible, and I just continually built rookie machinegunner cyborgs to be taken over sacrificially. (Cheap, they build quickly, and can't do too much damage). I didn't lose any units with "Regular" level experience or higher.

Keith
Outlaw325
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Outlaw325 »

themousemaster wrote:
Outlaw325 wrote:Not really my job, but I figure I'll let you all know this- The NEXUS 'hahaha' stage (Gamma 5, I think?) comes RIGHT after you rescue a whole bunch of Hero rank Alpha units. So for goodness sake, make sure you recycle them ASAP (I turned them into a second Battle Group with commander so I could pull off pincer attacks and all that, and none of them were lost to NEXUS on that particlar stage). The order you lose structures in seems to go like this- Command Centre, Rearming Pad/Bomber (if you have them, and I'm unsure which goes, since my bombers were sat on them when they got nuked by my artillery), VTOL factories, a truck, and then your normal factories, if memory serves. I got around losing any important units by constantly building scrub factories, but my bomber force was DECIMATED by my own artillery ¬¬. Also, I've not seen much use for all those Rotary MGs around the map, along with the west-edge defences besides as NEXUS infection fodder.
That's exactly why they are there. To give Nexus more choices to convert, and as well, to shoot down anything he does. Once the "haha" stage is over, though, don't recycle them... they will be used as even MORE fodder later on.

During the "haha" stage, Nexus actually launches ground attacks as well, sending in units from where I have set up the "west edge" defenses, as well as a couple airstrikes. If you COMPLETELY wall off that opening with structures, however, the units that normally spawn there might not... I haven't figured out how much is "total blockade" though.

I'm going to TRY to get Gamma3 out this weekend, though I already know I'm going to be working through it, so it will depend on how long my shifts last.
Ah, I see. My defences there must have nuked the Nexus units so fast I didn't even see them on the map. And why waste a pefectly good set of experienced units?
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Outlaw325 wrote:Ah, I see. My defences there must have nuked the Nexus units so fast I didn't even see them on the map. And why waste a pefectly good set of experienced units?
I don't. That's why I send every unit I have, sans trucks and some planes, to Gamma 2, to regain them safely in... either G5 or G6, I forget.

Oddly enough, I've never seemed to lose planes in the "haha" stage to conversion either (some get blasted when their rearming pad changes hands, but I avoid that by just not having them on the pads :P )

Anyway, Imma stop posting on this specific stage for now... if there is to be more comments on the "haha" stage, I'd rather it be closer to the actual "haha" walkthrough :P
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

themousemaster wrote:Oddly enough, I've never seemed to lose planes in the "haha" stage to conversion either (some get blasted when their rearming pad changes hands, but I avoid that by just not having them on the pads :P )
As far as I remember I've seen some of my overtaken (because these have smallest experience) VTOLs destroyed by my AA weapons (some of them were also overtaken and shoot to remaining VTOLs).

themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Emdek wrote:As far as I remember I've seen some of my overtaken (because these have smallest experience) VTOLs destroyed by my AA weapons (some of them were also overtaken and shoot to remaining VTOLs).
Losing AA that then fires at my planes I HAVE seen... but in general, I park my planes in a "neutral" area during this stage. Though if I start losing planes to conversion, then parking them where they might fly up and bomb my other planes would be bad.

I might also want to mention that, while I have a rather impressive Airborne Battlefleet in G3, I tend to recycle most of it for the "haha" stage, just keeping a half dozen around to deposit HEAP loads on the few ground attacks that come in and then get stuck on my fixed defenses.

which I will mention in my walkthrough, when I get to this stage, of course.
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

@@#$%@#$^@!#$%^#$ :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed: :annoyed:

The above post is brought to you from mousemaster's Work computer.

The one that doesn't have WZ on it... the one that does (at his house) just had his cable connection eat a d... err, brick.

Gamma3: Coming soon to a Comcast Connection near you. Or not.