Help write the Warzone Guide walkthrough!

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Re: Help write the Warzone Guide walkthrough!

Post by themousemaster »

Buginator wrote: 2) NOTHING in the campaign (stat wise) was modified. Only MP stuff!
That's what they keep saying, but in 1.X -> 2.0 rockets went haywire, and in 2.0 -> 2.1 AA went to heck, so I wanted confirmation ;p

Buginator wrote:What kind of weirdness we talking about? I use that all the time...
I create a shortcut of my WZ icon (because I don't know how to edit the icon itself to take command line parameters), and in the shortcut, I target "C:\warzone res\warzone2100.exe" --configdir "C:\warzone res\screenshots". The wierdness came in that the game took like 10X as long to load, but worked fine, save for the fact that screenshots still went into the "documents and settings/my name/etc/etc/etc" folder. But the shortcut folder works just as fine for me, so no worries.
whippersnapper
Regular
Regular

Post by whippersnapper »

Just wanted to acknowledge the very fine work you're doing in the other thread here
so as not to interrupt your flow with a comment.

Regards, whipper :)
"I need no warrant for being, and no word of sanction upon my being. I am the warrant and the sanction." Anthem

"Art is the selective recreation of reality according to the artist's metaphysical value judgments." A. Rand
Zarel
Elite
Elite

Post by Zarel »

themousemaster wrote:That's what they keep saying, but in 1.X -> 2.0 rockets went haywire, and in 2.0 -> 2.1 AA went to heck, so I wanted confirmation ;p
I believe in 1.x -> 2.0, the rocket upgrade bug was fixed, and in 2.0 -> 2.1, the projectile system was changed, so technically, nothing stat-wise was changed in either one. ;)

Nonetheless, I can't think of anything that affects campaign balance at all in 2.1 -> 2.2.
themousemaster wrote:I create a shortcut of my WZ icon (because I don't know how to edit the icon itself to take command line parameters), and in the shortcut, I target "C:\warzone res\warzone2100.exe" --configdir "C:\warzone res\screenshots". The wierdness came in that the game took like 10X as long to load, but worked fine, save for the fact that screenshots still went into the "documents and settings/my name/etc/etc/etc" folder. But the shortcut folder works just as fine for me, so no worries.
Hmm. Maybe it did the default font cache thing?
themousemaster
Regular
Regular

Post by themousemaster »

Zarel wrote:Hmm. Maybe it did the default font cache thing?
Perhaps. Like I said though, I figured out a work around, so no biggie.

That said, even IF cannons are still the de-facto superweapon, I plan on doing my guide mixing in some rocketry as well. That way, when rockets no longer suck, my guide will still be accurate, since one can win with rockets right now, and just moreso in the future :P