beta 6 too hard

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
Sinisa3games
New user

beta 6 too hard

Post by Sinisa3games »

beta 6 is too hard for me because the commander somehow instantly went from the purple base to the end which didnt even let me get reinforcements, im somehow supposed to get past tank killers and the VTOLs plus im forced to use some puny weapons againts them. ive tried this mission about 10 times, the closest i ever got was damaging the commander a little bit
andrvaut
Trained
Trained

Re: beta 6 too hard

Post by andrvaut »

How exactly is the mission called? (you can see in the lower left corner of the margin from the menu of orders)
In which version of the game are you going?
vaut ΣΑ [GN], ru streamer.
Tournaments channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzusNa-54ydodtSz2TdHFww
Nexusintruderprogram
Greenhorn

Post by Nexusintruderprogram »

beta 6, that's the mission where the collective commander receives a shipment from nexus and your to stop him from getting out of the sector?

yea you need to send all you units to the south western side of the map crossing to force him to stay at the second base. get some trucks into the transport alongside more combat units on the 2nd transport run (maybe some AA units too) for protection from the VTOLS. but you should build AA sites along the river. if its possible find out which unit they will target and if its lucky to survive keep that unit at the back behind all your defenses you should be ok on that front, if the VTOLS target another unit after each drop off wince and repeat.

as for the main base e suggest mortar's to pummel the defenses. while your doing this the enemy will be spamming out tonn's of units making direct attacks difficult so hopefully the mortar's will deal with them to and use you units to mopp up the rest once you destroy the commander pick up the artifact he drops research it then dead back to the LZ.

also make sure you have defenses at the nearest crossing from your lz to stop enemy units compromising the lz.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

This mission is actually pretty easy even on insane but you need the right strategy

first and for most when you land quickly move along the bottom of the map from where you start all the way to the crossing on the left hand side this is where the commander will attempt to escape upon intercepting the convoy they will retreat in to the base to the north

now in order to stop your self getting pummelled by the collective vtols you need to knock out there command centre so what I do is go round the right side of that base blow a hole through the wall and then target and destroy the command centre ignore everything else till the command centre is down this will stop the vtol attacks at which time the mission becomes a breeze

the main issue I have on that mission is the horrendously bad pathing when combined with the fact that the ramp leading up to the base is very narrow this frequently results in me getting killed because of traffic jams which results in may many many reloads until such a time as my units do what there told and actually drive up the ramp without causing a traffic jam

if it wasn't for the fact of the ramp being so narrow and the pathing being so bad I'd be able to do that mission no problem truth be told you actually don't even need to use AA for this mission or even most of Beta Campaign for that matter because on most levels the collective vols are coming in from off the map so if you take down the command centre the vtol attacks stop making AA a completely pointless waste of time especially when assault guns can shoot down air craft although why they do so little damage to air craft I don't know they should do the same damage to air craft that whirl wind AA does since they are essentially the same weapon and whirl wind AA should be able to hit targets on the ground the same way the assault gun does again since both are basically the same weapon