Alpha 2 Objectives

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
Lukasmah
New user

Alpha 2 Objectives

Post by Lukasmah »

Hello. New player here.

So, the objectives thing told me to investigate the power surge in the south and secure the area. I'm not sure what exactly that's supposed to mean.

I've destroyed every enemy on the map, built an oil rig and some mg towers towers and then spent the next half an hour searching for remaining enemies which just weren't there. I'd searched the southern half of the map, and even checked the west just to make sure I didn't miss something there, but I couldn't find anything. With half an hour and plenty of sensor and other tanks I enough time to explore the map with pretty much no result.

The timer ran out and it said I'd failed the mission. So I watched some LPs, checked some walkthroughs, just to make sure there wasn't something I didn't do, like a building I had to place. But they all did pretty much the same things I did and they completed the mission. So I did the whole thing again, making sure to be more thorough this time... The result was pretty much the same.

Am I doing something wrong? Or is this some kind of bug? Is there some additional requirement aside from destroying all enemies?
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Alpha 2 Objectives

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

This mission will break progress if you reload a save in it with the current release. It should be fixed in the master build found here.
Lukasmah
New user

Post by Lukasmah »

Oh, alright, sweet, thanks.

I already am on 3.2.3, though. Or are there multiple 3.2.3 variations?

EDIT: Well, installing the master thing didn't help.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

There is only one 3.2.3 Version. And if you reloaded an with 3.2.3 saved game during alpha 2 it didn't work even with master. You have to reload a game from the end of alpha 1. Your progress in alpha 2 is broken no matter what version you use.
Lukasmah
New user

Post by Lukasmah »

Oh. The oldest save I have is from the beginning of Alpha 2. How bad would clearing the objectives normally and then using a mission winning cheat mess things up? Is this safe to do or should I just redo the whole thing?
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

You can use the "let me win" cheat to go to the next mission at any time.
Lukasmah
New user

Post by Lukasmah »

Yes, but if I do that, could it mess things up? I don't actually know what about the save is broken. I don't know if there's something that I won't get that I normally would or something I'll need later won't trigger because the safe is broken, and the cheat just makes me progress further into a broken game. That's why I'm asking if it's safe to use the cheat there.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

This bug only affects the victory condition checking code for this particular mission, so it is safe. As for the cheat, it just gives the player all the artifacts in that mission and then loads the next mission.
Lukasmah
New user

Post by Lukasmah »

I'll do that, then. Thanks for the help.