Can't figure out Gamma 3

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
buchinski
New user

Can't figure out Gamma 3

Post by buchinski »

I finally have to turn here for help... I just don't get Gamma 3, where you have to assist alpha (?) units...
I wiped the map clean but the timer still ticked. So I discovered a greyish black transporter, sitting in the farmost north west upper corner. I figured that must be the reason the stage didn't finish. But I went to shelling it for 20 minutes with everything I had and it still doesn't get destroyed.

So, everytime I start schelling it, throwing everything but the kitchen sink to it, but the timer just dies and I get "you were defeated"

What am I missing?
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Can't figure out Gamma 3

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Unfortunately you encountered a known bug with that mission. You can either reload a save and do the mission again (before the transporter gets stuck) or you may use a cheat to complete the mission (press shift and backspace (using that combination again will disable debug mode) at the same time and enter chat and type: let me win).
buchinski
New user

Post by buchinski »

OK thanks...

bugs apart, I find it brilliant that I can relive this game. I played it a long time ago (meanwhile I am 52 years old) and when I recently encountered some "ancient" games on the internet, Warzone came to mind again. So, after all this time it has been established as a "classic"! That was good news to me.

Alright, with this issue clarified: off then to Gamma 4!
:)
Guardsman Brendo
Trained
Trained

Post by Guardsman Brendo »

*added to mental campaign notes* :P
--As of the above time, this was the last transmission received.