Most stable version to play campaign?

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!

Most stable version to play campaign?

Postby Prot » 05 Feb 2017, 16:22

wz2100 - is my first 3D strategy in my life, first I saw the game on PlayStation from a friend. It was WOW effect O_o , but i never finish the campaign :roll:
Now the question, what version is most stable to play campaign? Last 3.2+ is most bugs, in 3.1.5 I heard there is problem with templates and savegames.
Advise version in which i can sit down without much worry and go through the whole company?
Prot
Trained
Trained

Re: Most stable version to play campaign?

Postby Lord_Kane » 06 Feb 2017, 06:20

Prot wrote:wz2100 - is my first 3D strategy in my life, first I saw the game on PlayStation from a friend. It was WOW effect O_o , but i never finish the campaign :roll:
Now the question, what version is most stable to play campaign? Last 3.2+ is most bugs, in 3.1.5 I heard there is problem with templates and savegames.
Advise version in which i can sit down without much worry and go through the whole company?

Personally I think the older 2.3.8 and 2.3.9 releases are pretty good for doing so, but you get none of the benefits of the 3.1.X/3.2.X releases.

you can workaround the template bug somewhat in 3.1.5 if you tear down and then rebuild your HQ but it does not work on non base building away missions.
Lord_Kane
Rookie
Rookie

Re: Most stable version to play campaign?

Postby Guardsman Brendo » 06 Feb 2017, 22:54

I'm doing a 2.3.9 game, and, honestly, the more basic ground tiles help out. With new graphics, it can be hard to tell which tiles have a steep slope. The old graphics make an easier to understand grid to me. The only reason I would start a brand new game in 3.x is if they added hardcrete gate to campaign tech, which it is not.
Guardsman Brendo
Trained
Trained

Return to Campaign