Successfully finished the campaign (time limit mod & videos)

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Re: Successfully finished the campaign

Post by t4ngld »

Hey guys,

Well now I've got some more nice mission times to share, as well as 11 out of 12 missions of Alpha recorded :)

The one I like the most is probably Alpha 12 ("this is our chance to defeat the New Paradigm") in 26:35 with hovers (and without losses except trucks getting in the way of enemy rockets). (Well a couple minutes were probably my fault to notice finished productions and so, can be faster.) It may be hard to record this without saving at least once. So here is the Question: what do you guys think about saving in the middle of a mission? Do you consider it to be lame enough to discard the time achievement? Input much appreciated.

P.S. Commanders are sooo <3 I'm loving commanders even more now, using them to spearhead assaults and steal artifacts - as they seem to be literally immortal.

P.P.S. To developers: would it be possible to have "production completed" sound notifications in away missions? Would be really awesome for oblivious people like me who switch to the build or research screen and forget about their factories.

Update: Alpha 13 spotted by montetank, it's number 12! (final) 24:51

Last edited by t4ngld on 10 Aug 2015, 20:13, edited 1 time in total.
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Re: Successfully finished the campaign (time limit mod & vid

Post by t4ngld »

Even though I seem to be all alone in the Campaign forum, here's an update:

Looks like I've been able to figure out how youtube works, so I'm going post the complete set of videos of the Alpha campaign gameplay tonight.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

No answer doesn`t mean, that nobody read your posts :-)
I cant wait to see, how you solved the Alpha mission. 24:51 isn`t bad. By the way: it is Alpha 12. Better: Use the numbers -Bottom left.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

Glad to see you here again montetank! Yep I realized a while later it's 12, not 13, the number is correct in the video name. Well since it's hard to play it without losses AND saves and the same time, I was being a bit slower and recorded Alpha 12 in 27:33 of on-site time. Not a big deal, really :)

Which Alpha mission exactly is of interest to you? Well anyway here's the direct link to the playlist, tell me if you guys can access the videos:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... y0qeJaAttm

Alternatively, search youtube for "mostly fast warzone2100" :) Be sure to select "720p" in the right-bottom corner menu.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Nice-just watched the first level. I will watch level by level. So-there are some details i do in another way. It isnt faster for the first level but helped for the next level. I will show you, but not today (no time). I think, we have an extra place for youtube vids. Ask Vexed please. The vids are in good quality :3
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

Well, the second level is like 08:30 so probably fast enough :) Still, do share your way, sure, the more ideas the better. Glad the quality is enough, actually the videos are slightly better when viewed in VLC, YT seems to have degraded them a little bit. But anyway, it's decent enough to see the details.
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

Hmm I probably rushed the Alpha 12.. got a few more ideas, should be under 25, well under that. :) Well I'll just delete the old video when I record the faster version. (not any time soon, probably)

Update: only 23:31 so far :D
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

Another update: struggling with Beta so far, I want to record it with hovers, since hovers a lot more fun to watch :) and of course that's a rather unusual way of doing Beta (thanks NoQ for the idea!). Testing various squad configurations - MG's, lancers etc. When I was solving it for the first time using hovers, it was like 10(12 later, upon getting a Special commander) HMG's and 8 lancers. Probably going the same route again.

Now here is the important question: given the lack of interest to the published playlist of the Alpha campaign video, maybe I should post a sort of walkthrough explaining my approach, mission by mission, with embedded videos? Which topic / subforum should that belong to? I'm afraid to create too many topics - you know, that's generally considered to be "low" and unworthy on the Internet, as far as I'm concerned. Well, at least in Russia.
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

Hello guys how's it going? Been absent for a while but most of the campaign is recorded now, with only the cam_3a-d2 and cam_3-4 missions left. The total campaign time is now 6 hours 05 minutes and the time for the Alpha 12 "kill New Paradigm using hovers to flank the defenses on your way to the main base" now takes 18:33 minutes only!

PS No-one is watching the vids on youtube, guess I either suck at promotion, making correct posts, or have chosen the wrong game to post a walkthrough to :( I usually ge ignored at the forums, guess it's the Karma, well go figure.. :D
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

6 hours 05 minutes
Wow!!

For promoting videos, you can make a thread in => Videos <= (or ask to move the thread there), and then use [forum] tag (similarly to how the link is made in this message) to add the link to your signature (which is the natural way to avoid getting blocked by anti-spam no-url-tag-in-signature mechanism).
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

NoQ wrote:
6 hours 05 minutes
Wow!!
Glad you like it :) Couldn't quite believe it myself, but you'll see it in the videos - I invite you to watch a few, maybe the missions have been made simpler in the meanwhile.. Especially in Beta where the enemy jets only keep coming back in two missions while they could pose a real threat in quite a few if only the enemy kept reproducing them after losing entire wings to my Whirlwinds.

Out of the whole campaign, I've probably liked Alpha 12 (the very end of Alpha) and the one where you get the rocket autoloader in Beta, guess it's cam2_b. Probably Nasda central (sub_2d) as well, for the nagging jets + long-range artillery.

Give me a few days to post Beta + Gamma up on YT, then we can discuss it in full.

PS BTW I still can't solve Hide Behind Me so to each their own ;)