Campaign balance any different than multiplayer in 3.1.2?

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Campaign balance any different than multiplayer in 3.1.2?

Post by t4ngld »

Hello,

Is there any difference in the damage and HP values with the identical perks (i.e. research items like Dense Alloys / Hardened MG Bulets etc.) between the offline singleplayer campaign and offline multiplayer in 3.1.2? Any difference in the abovementioned stats between offline multiplayer vs computer AI and online mupltiplayer vs humans?

Thank you!

P.S. While I'm at it, a question to NoQ to avoid creating a whole new topic for a tiny Q: did you change the reinforcement dropship time to be less than default, in any missions for the time limit mod that you used to record the fast campaign videos? Thank you!
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Campaign balance any different than multiplayer in 3.1.2

Post by vexed »

MP (and skirmish) share the same data set, and campaign uses a different one.
IIRC, the stats for campaign are pretty close to the original 1.10 version of the game.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

That confirms my observations, indeed. See, the reason I was asking was that those heavy cannons do so little damage in the campaign, that at times it's outright ridiculous! Consider e.g. the mission in Beta where you first face enemy Ripple batteries. There are multiple 4-packs of heavy cannon tiger tracks scattered around the base, yet they can deal next to no damage to your units, especially if those are lancers. In multiplayer, I think the outcome of such an encounter would be less predictable.

In the above campaign scenario, what do you think, how fair is that situation? On one hand, you probably don't want to rebalance the campaign, on the other hand, those things are just sitting ducks, and it's kind of.. sad to see the enemy being so helpless :) Same for the human campaign player, heavy cannons seem to be rendered useless by lancers, which are both more powerful and faster at the same time.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

As for your specific observations, code changes did clobber some missions to make them much too easy.
Eventually, yes, the campaign is going to be reworked/redone.
We just don't have enough people to do everything in a timely manner, this is an all volunteer project, and we can only do so much with our free time outside of our real jobs.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
t4ngld
Trained
Trained

Post by t4ngld »

vexed wrote:We just don't have enough people to do everything in a timely manner, this is an all volunteer project, and we can only do so much with our free time outside of our real jobs.
Sure, that was in no way meant to rush you guys / complain about smth.