Campaign Glitches?

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Campaign Glitches?

Post by CyclonatorZ »

It's been ages since I've played Warzone or posted here, but recently I downloaded the latest version of the game for a kick and started replaying through the entire campaign. Everything was going fine through Alpha 12, but once I hit Beta I started having difficultly. Some of this was my fault, as I'm out of practice, but I also had the misfortune of running into a glitch I've never seen before. At the beginning of Beta 3, for some reason, none of my power transferred over from Alpha base! Has anyone else experienced this before?

On another note, my ten year old brother saw me playing the game, and it inspired him to play it for the first time. He was doing well up to Alpha 3, at which point I started advising him on how to improve his base and prepare for the harder missions. Unfortunately, I soon realized that, not only did he not have repair turrets researched, he did not even seem to have ever gotten the Engineering artifact. I'm not sure what happened, but there did not appear to be an artifact anywhere on the map for him to pick up - and besides, the first mission only is supposed to end once you pick it up anyway. Is this another glitch with the current version, or is this merely the second game I've introduced him to that he's managed to sequence break?
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Campaign Glitches?

Post by NoQ »

I think the first one has already been noticed #3946 #4066, and i've a feeling somebody pointed out some pre-conditions for this bug (not sure, couldn't instantly find).

The issue with engineering is weird though, never heard of that. Your brother might become a good beta-tester in the future :roll:

Also, you are playing 3.1.1, right? Do not even try the unstable builds T_T

The status of all campaign bugs currently is "Damn, this wzscript thing is a nightmare, i wouldn't even dare to look at that sort of code". Nobody really touched them for ages. There is an ongoing refactoring (or rather a rewrite of all scripts from scratch) which would make bugs fixable (and hopefully avoidable), but those who do that still barely understand the original scripts... :oops:
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Re: Campaign Glitches?

Post by nick87720z »

Hello. There is one glitch which i have in 3.1.1 release.
One serious glitch (serious for me) in gamma: team, sent to destroy nuclear missiles sites, doesn't appear after defeating nexus intruder program, and i have only those 6 beta units. Someone asked in this forum about all heroes units: up to gamma 2 mission i had 7 heroes, with rescued 10 it could be enough to form full heroic strike squad (or leave several for missile artillery, or AA missile tanks, if 17-tank squad is too big).

And one unclearance with tank killer tech. In version 2.3.x i remember, that appart turret there was bunker. But now structures with tank killer are available in gamma. Is it glitch or supposed to be same case as with bombard pits (which are not available through all second campaign). Btw, as for bombard pits, they are quickly deprecated by hellstorm, appearing just in gamma 1, so may be do it available somewhere in beta? (appearance of bombard in alpha seems a good reason).
Those, who sacrifice culture for bit of freedom don't diserve any.