what is better between these weapons

Post by Shozz22 »

What is better flashing or needle gun?
pulse laser or rail gun?
Karthik_Prakash_Iyer
Greenhorn

Re: what is better between these weapons

Post by Karthik_Prakash_Iyer »

Needle guns And Rail guns are effective against vehicles.... Where as Pulse lasers Are effective against bunkers and cyborgs.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

neither use lancers these are effective against everything 18 lancers attached to an experienced commander will easily steam role any and all units/buildings in the game in a matter of seconds while lancers are predominately anti armour weapons they do so much damage that they will pretty much instakill everything with maybe the exception of bunkers

As I understand it the reason lancers are so powerful is due to a bug in the game which makes them massively overpowered which is why lancer vtols are so deadly and will instakill even your most heavily armoured units

I'm sure someone else with more knowledge of this will be able to elaborate on it a little more
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Bethrezen wrote:neither use lancers these are effective against everything 18 lancers attached to an experienced commander will easily steam role any and all units/buildings in the game in a matter of seconds while lancers are predominately anti armour weapons they do so much damage that they will pretty much instakill everything with maybe the exception of bunkers

As I understand it the reason lancers are so powerful is due to a bug in the game which makes them massively overpowered which is why lancer vtols are so deadly and will instakill even your most heavily armoured units

I'm sure someone else with more knowledge of this will be able to elaborate on it a little more
18 lancers will lost against a group of quick cyborgs. And if you choose hovers for the lancers, to be fast, so they will lost against flamers..........lancers are not so overpowered.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

18 lancers will lost against a group of quick cyborgs. And if you choose hovers for the lancers, to be fast, so they will lost against flamers..........lancers are not so overpowered.
I don't see how considering lancers on tracks with heavy body's and attached to an experienced commander are about 50 tougher than a cyborg maybe if you are out number say 3 to 1 and the cyborgs have lancers them selves you would have a point but otherwise the cyborgs will loose in almost every other case because cyborgs only take maybe 1 or 2 lancer hits to kill and failing that I can always upgrade to tank killers or scourge missiles its just lancers are cheaper if a lil less powerful

it also depends on if you are taking about skirmish or campaign mode because both are balanced differently and playing another person is very different then playing the computer

besides if you are using cyborgs I'd just counter with assault guns which are much better for taking down large groups of cyborgs on account of the continuous and high volume of fire and zero reload time I know assault guns are not specifiably designed for taking cyborgs and are therefore not as powerful as cyborg specific weapons but unlike cyborg specific weapons assault guns are decent general purpose weapons which are useful against everything especially when used on mass as cheap fast to produce spam troops and I've overwhelmed many an opponent through weight of numbers using that tactic strong units are fine but there not going to do you any good when you are out numbers 10 to 1

also with regards to lancers not being overpowered I'd have to disagree because as an anti armour weapon I'd expect them to have almost no effect on buildings, turrets and cyborgs but they are almost as effective on buildings, turrets and cyborgs as they are against armoured vehicles the only thing I've used lancers on that hasn't gone down in just a couple of hits is bunkers which can take a full salvo form 18 lancers and still only drop to yellow health so all in all i'd call that overpowered
Tzeentch
Trained
Trained

Post by Tzeentch »

This is why I just place Machine Gun Guard Towers everywhere. MGGT FTW! lol