Missile Silo Got Destroyed on Gamma 8

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
Ginger88895
New user

Missile Silo Got Destroyed on Gamma 8

Post by Ginger88895 »

Nexus laser satellite in gamma 8 destroyed the missile silo every time I play this level. Is this intended or a glitch?
montetank
Regular
Regular

Re: Missile Silo Got Destroyed on Gamma 8

Post by montetank »

You have to research the Anti-Nexus. Build 5 research-centers. In the corner. When a research-center is destroyed give the other research centers the order to research Anti-Nexus. Its 3 x 15 Minutes. The most boring mission in WZ. Hmm-never saw the missile center destroyed by laser satellite.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Ginger88895
New user

Post by Ginger88895 »

i don't think it's 3*15 minutes. Every missile code requires over 30 minutes to research. And anti-nexus itself takes 15 minutes to complete. Is there anything I'm probably doing wrong?
(I'm using nightly build from github repository)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

In my old walkthrough i beat this level in 58:07 [1], which can't be improved much as i'm constantly researching anyway.
I guess lassat is designed to evaporate everything in ~1 hour.
I'm using nightly build from github repository
Uhm :?

So you're saying you don't have enough time to unlock all codes, right?
Maybe you're affected by some variant of this issue?

(just hoping you did build your research modules)
________

Attach a saved game?
Ginger88895
New user

Post by Ginger88895 »

Hi noq,
I'm currently using a tablet now, so a cannot attach a save file. However, IMO this issue should decrease the time of research.
Recently I played some skirmish matches. It seems that every research in skirmish is far more shorter than in campaign (gauss cannon under 5min, and dragon body under 10min).THIS should be caused by the issue, but not the campaign one. There maybe other issues. I will check the code tomorrow.

Soft Ginger
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

You can't compare campaign and skirmish research because they have different numerical stats by design. And i guess nobody have tested how exactly is campaign broken by this bug.
Ginger88895
New user

Post by Ginger88895 »

I checked the code and found that the research upgrades in campaign aren't working.
The researchPoint of researchModule isn't defined in campaign stats, and from experiments I know it is hardcoded to double the time up. However, I calculated the time (55000/14/2, this is the raw time without any research upgrades) and found that, yes, no research upgrades are taken count into. Calculator shows that I should complete the research in 1964 seconds, and from gdb I discovered in gamma 8 I just have to research this amount of time.

For further testing, could you provide me a mission which unlocks research upgrade?

EDIT: I've tested. Yes, in campaign research upgrades doesn't work. Need to fix it.
EDIT2: And I believe that all upgrades in campaign are malfunctioned. This also should be fixed.
EDIT3: Above apply to master only. Not 3.1.1. 3.1.1 is quite bugless :)
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

The research upgrades works. I tested in mission Alpha 6. But you have to build the moduls. But dont compare the campaign with the skirmish games. Two different ways. For example: the new balance doesn`t work in campaign. If you want-i will send you a lot of saved campaign-games.

Sorry for my english-

Regards
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Ginger88895 wrote:I checked the code and found that the research upgrades in campaign aren't working.
The researchPoint of researchModule isn't defined in campaign stats, and from experiments I know it is hardcoded to double the time up. However, I calculated the time (55000/14/2, this is the raw time without any research upgrades) and found that, yes, no research upgrades are taken count into. Calculator shows that I should complete the research in 1964 seconds, and from gdb I discovered in gamma 8 I just have to research this amount of time.

For further testing, could you provide me a mission which unlocks research upgrade?

EDIT: I've tested. Yes, in campaign research upgrades doesn't work. Need to fix it.
EDIT2: And I believe that all upgrades in campaign are malfunctioned. This also should be fixed.
EDIT3: Above apply to master only. Not 3.1.1. 3.1.1 is quite bugless :)
Did you research the second upgrade in Gamma 6 O_o
Ginger88895
New user

Post by Ginger88895 »

Yes I did. And i'm sure that it's because campign upgrades are not working. I fixed this recently and created a ticket and even pulled a request on github repository. After my fix, everything works as intended.
chvb__
New user

Post by chvb__ »

Yeah, still an issue in 3.2.1
The nexus research is 16mins in a modded research facility, the subsequent research topics scale up from 20 to 32 mins.
I cannot complete this mission because the silos keep getting zapped.
Suuuuper frustrating.
ImminentStorm
New user

Post by ImminentStorm »

Would like to report that this is still an issue in 3.2.2. The missile unlock codes are taking 30+mins to research even with a module on the center. Since it takes so long to complete the research I cannot get through the stage 3 codes before the LASAT hits the missile silos and fails the mission.
Thundercrash
New user

Post by Thundercrash »

ImminentStorm wrote:Would like to report that this is still an issue in 3.2.2. The missile unlock codes are taking 30+mins to research even with a module on the center. Since it takes so long to complete the research I cannot get through the stage 3 codes before the LASAT hits the missile silos and fails the mission.
Still present in 3.2.3. Missile codes take 24 minutes on module.
Forgon
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Forgon »

Thundercrash wrote:
ImminentStorm wrote:Would like to report that this is still an issue in 3.2.2. The missile unlock codes are taking 30+mins to research even with a module on the center. Since it takes so long to complete the research I cannot get through the stage 3 codes before the LASAT hits the missile silos and fails the mission.
Still present in 3.2.3. Missile codes take 24 minutes on module.
I compiled from source and have the same problem.
alfred007
Regular
Regular

Post by alfred007 »

I solved the problem by placing heavy units around the silos. When the silos get hit by the laser satellite they are only damaged and not destroyed because the units absorbed a lot of the power. Then I repaired the damaged units and silos and placed the units again around the silos. That helped.