SUB_2D

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
JAIMO
New user

SUB_2D

Post by JAIMO »

how do you do this mission??

the long range missiles just obliterate me near enough straightaway but, when i watch a few youbtube vids for this mission, no-one else seems to have that problem!!! :? :? :?
Alpha93
Trained
Trained

Re: SUB_2D

Post by Alpha93 »

Is it the NASDA central mission?
Xfire-->chris37killer
JAIMO
New user

Post by JAIMO »

yes mate

been stuck on it for ages. no matter what i do, i can't get out of the immediate area surrounding the LZ :(

as soon as i hit the nearest defence turret, the longe range missiles start raining down. don't think i've managed more than 15 minutes on it yet
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

JAIMO wrote:how do you do this mission??

the long range missiles just obliterate me near enough straightaway but, when i watch a few youbtube vids for this mission, no-one else seems to have that problem!!! :? :? :?
Try it with a python track commander with high experience. Attach Python lancer tracks and some Hurricanes to the commander. Don´t forget the retreat at medium damage. Thats my way. If you don´t have a commander with high experience there is another way: Build 60-70 python lancer hovers and go with a massive attack. Not a esthetic way but possible.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Alpha93
Trained
Trained

Post by Alpha93 »

I did it in another way.
Ship in 8 trucks (you read that right) and perhaps a couple of combat units to remove the tower near your LZ..
Have 2 groups of 2 build AA in the LZ hole on the right and left side of it, close up the front with some hardpoints or hardcrete walls and remember to hide a few units behind the wall, so that the Lancer VTOLs hit them instead of the units in the back (rebuild the walls as they fall down). Once you're done, build a CB tower in the small estate you're left with. Afaik in this stage the Collective has Ripples only, so have the trucks split in 4 groups of 2 trucks each and start building ripples. As soon as the yours or the Collective's ripples open fire, they will meet each other with fire. Keep doing so until all the ripples are down. You won't be able to step out of that hole till you're done with the ripples, as you will need to get your AA in front of the hole to stop the air attacks.
Once the ripples are down, this mission is pretty easy, sensor creep the west to remove the bombards and the southern hardpoints, once you've got that done place a few AAs on the south side of the map to stop the air attacks.
Once the VTOLs aren't an issue anymore, feel free to ship in your experienced units.

This was the only way I found to complete this without losing any experienced unit since 3.x (2.3 and earlier didn't have the 8 square spotter system), as their Lancer VTOLs will usually home on one of your combat units and kill it without fail.
If you lose some trucks and it makes you feel bad about your command skills, pretend they're remote controlled builders.
Xfire-->chris37killer
JAIMO
New user

Post by JAIMO »

thanks for the info folks, i appreciate it :)

i'll give both ways a go and see how i get on
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Aah-the NASDA-mission. I was wrong. But i think-it is not SUB 2D (maybe i am wrong).

Yes, Alpha93. The idea with the trucks is very good-i did it in a similar way. With 7 trucks +2 python ripples tracks (without experience) + 1 CB python track (without experience). The ripples will start the counterattack after landing.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
JAIMO
New user

Post by JAIMO »

montetank wrote:Aah-the NASDA-mission. I was wrong. But i think-it is not SUB 2D (maybe i am wrong).

Yes, Alpha93. The idea with the trucks is very good-i did it in a similar way. With 7 trucks +2 python ripples tracks (without experience) + 1 CB python track (without experience). The ripples will start the counterattack after landing.
pretty much the same way i finally did it :)

got the LZ nicely defended and spread out along the northern edge with ripples, AA's and CB towers then brought in whatever i had available with a load of lancer hovers. managed to do it with over 20 minutes spare :)

thanks for your help guys, i really appreciate it :)

<J>
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Now you are happy, wait until gamma 5 -the Hahahaha-mission :lol2:
But-i solved the whole campaign without help from this forum. It is possible- the best way for begginers is: Artillery. Artillery and again artillery. And to build the sensors near enough the enemys bases. A stupid way, but the most effective way.
Don`t forget the commander. Very important in the campaign and in the challenges. Against human players-----try it.
So- when you solved the campaign-try this mod - i solved this time limited mod in 4 Hours and 20 minutes-----thats a real challenge :-D
http://addons.wz2100.net/238
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Sorry-now i am very arrogant :? some questions anymore? I saw some experimental trials to solve Gamma 3 with Vtols-stupid :x . I don´t like to loose units with experience (Vtols), If you play the game reasonable-you have a commander (20+or 22 +). Tiger-tracks.
So-there was a walktrough from Mousemaster. A fine way but not the best.
What i want to say is: There is a way to solve every mission in the campaign without loosing a unit. My Campaign-the most important thing in this game.