Units returning after attack on nuke silo

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
steel
Greenhorn

Units returning after attack on nuke silo

Post by steel »

I might be going insane, but I thought that the units you sent to attack the nuclear silo, which you then lose contact with of after they hide in the mountain range, come back after the nexus virus mission?

I just played through the campaign and they never came back. I was sure they should have reappeared. I certainly didn't just lose them all to the pulse lasers as my casualties were never that high. Has this happened to anyone else?
montetank
Regular
Regular

Re: Units returning after attack on nuke silo

Post by montetank »

Yes-you are right. In version 3.1 rc3 i played the campaign more than one time. It seems to be a bug in gamma 2. So the units never came back in gamma6. What i am doing is: to send all my units to recycle and bulid than later in gamma 3. Only send one truck to the safezone. It is also a good way in Gamma 4, where you have to rescue the hero units-send all your units except the trucks to recycle-so nexus will not be able to destroy them in the virus (the haha)-mission

Regards
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
steel
Greenhorn

Post by steel »

I couldn't find anything in the bug tracker for this. Unless anyone sees it in there (or starts a ticket in the meantime) I'll make a ticket for this in a couple of hours.

I'll also add that I had the final mission not end. I checked in the save files and there were no nexus structures or units remaining at the end, but the mission still wouldn't end. Apparently this is to do with saving and loading at any point within the final mission breaking scripts.

Ticket made.

On an in universe note, this makes the campaign quite a bit more depressing to have your best units that you've been nurturing the entire way through wiped out by radiation sickness and ambushes on the long, arduous journey home, rather than surviving and returning triumphant...
Vulmen
Greenhorn

Post by Vulmen »

Agreed......my force of commander and 22 heavy cannons and 20 ripple rocket troops all bit the dust on that bug. :(