How can i proceed to next stage on Alpha10?

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
capeone
New user

How can i proceed to next stage on Alpha10?

Post by capeone »

Hello,
I'm stuck in Alpha 10 mission.
My time counter is at ~20 mins left and I believe that I've destroyed all enemy units, but nothing happens.
What can I do to proceed? Should I start this mission from begining?
I know that it's common problem, but I couldn't find solution. http://www.mail-archive.com/warzone2100 ... 00794.html
I'm running Warzone with polish locale on Fedora 19.

Code: Select all

Nazwa              : warzone2100
Architektura       : x86_64
Wersja             : 3.1.0
Wydanie            : 2.fc19
Also, some of my units spawned at down-right corner of map - this bug was submitted by someone else http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/4002, but maybe it's somehow related with endless mission issue.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Re: How can i proceed to next stage on Alpha10?

Post by Rman Virgil »

Have you looked at the Walk Thru Guide by themousemaster ?

viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3051&hilit=walkthru&start=30

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
capeone
New user

Post by capeone »

Yes,
About this point, the transports will stop; whatever NP has on the board right now will be all they have.
Sit behind your walls until about the 30-minute mark, then send your MBG around the board to find any survivors and burn em (assuming they didn't ALL die on your walls, and the stage had already ended). Just be sure your 4-4-2 team at your LZ is ready to go for next stage; it will need to HAUL REAR when the next stage starts.
As I've said before, I cleared all map and none of enemy units are alive. But nothing happens.
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

This happened to me the first time I played the campaign upon retail release in April of 1999. It has happened to countless others over the intervening years and we've all sworn on a stack of bibles that we had eliminated the enemy entirely. But as I discovered in my first play through in '99, I was mistaken. There was a lone enemy unit stuck, inconspicuous, in a crevasse in the far N. edge of the map. Once eliminated, all proceeded as it should. Unless some inadvertent bug has recently been introduced into the mission, I can think of no other reason for this impasse.

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

"As I've said before, I cleared all map and none of enemy units are alive. But nothing happens."

As Rman Virgil told: I am also sure there is one unit left.
Not a fine way-but try the deity cheat
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
capeone
New user

Post by capeone »

You are right! I've enabled god-mode with full map visible and there was one cyborg hidden in fog. Weird, didn't saw him before!
Thanks for help and sorry for my mistake!