stuck on mission- help plz

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
jgagnier
New user

stuck on mission- help plz

Post by jgagnier »

I am not sure which mission but its the one where you cant let any enemies leave the area. My problem is when I try to get close to the base the enemy lz lands and enemy escapes. I have cleared every enemy on the board, the only thing that exists is 3 towers on the far left but once I get close, the enemy lz lands and it says enemy escaping and the game ends. . I cant get to the lz pad quick enough to keep it from landing. any ideas? I have looked through the walkthrough but I cant seem to find an answer.
Last edited by jgagnier on 08 Nov 2007, 13:39, edited 1 time in total.
immortal1977
New user

Re: stuck on mission

Post by immortal1977 »

I'm also stuck few times, before found solution:
1) load transport with units u want and fly to 'enemy territory'  :)
2) once u landed, don't let your units move from lz
3) continue to load and transport units to this lz, until game breaks with message that u can't let escape enemy units
4) continue to load and transport more units untis, but grab all units already here and send directly to enemy lz, ignoring scavengers outposts (u must lead them in most short way to win a few minutes)
5) as a new units arrives with transport, send them to enemy lz too.
6) point all your 'moving mass' to stay inside enemy lz. if u have enough units, they will devastate whole enemy lz and enemy units holding artefacts.
thats all. happy hunting ;)
jgagnier
New user

Post by jgagnier »

how do i choose which zone to land in? sorry i am new here
immortal1977
New user

Post by immortal1977 »

you can not choose. all i wrote is for zone, you will be droped from transport. (p. 2 - see above)
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

Well it would help to know what mission your on, but I think I know the one and the first load out should be 4 trucks and some Lancer Tracks, as I recall you should have lancers by now, if not then use HC, but they give you something like 30 mins to get to the enemy LZ and this is no easy task if you dont bring in a lot of help.

Key thing build Repair thing as soon as you land with 1 truck and use the other 3 to build a few hard points, then use your tanks you have to fight the first wave off, and then keep bringing in more tanks. As you get more in move your tanks forward and build a few more hard points with your trucks. On this mission it might be a good idea to have up to 10 trucks or so running out in front of your tanks or to the side, also you have 2 ways to get to the enemy LZ one is up the hill thru all kinds of nasty sh*t, and the other is to go around the back. The best way to do that is use long range weapons and take out all the hard points the enemy have on the sides, and then keep moving. You have for Lancer Hardpoints at the LZ that need to be taken out and then you will be able to move to the next mission.

If this dont help let me know, and keep in mind its been many of years since I have played this game, but back when I did you could not find many that knew more about it then I did :o)~

4nE
I've created "something that kills people." And in that purpose, I was a success. I've done this because, philosophically, I'm sympathetic to your aim. I can tell you, with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.......Hattori Hanzo
jgagnier
New user

Post by jgagnier »

I have cleared out all hardpoints,tanks,etc. all i have left is three towers to the far left and the atifact left to pick up, but when i move in the enemy lz lands then leaves and say enemy escaping then mission failed before i can reach the landing zone or artifact. I have tried everything for days and cant seem to get by it. maybe I need to somehow destroy the enemy LZ???? is that possible??
Last edited by jgagnier on 08 Nov 2007, 01:18, edited 1 time in total.
Kayiaxo
Trained
Trained

Re: stuck on mission- help plz

Post by Kayiaxo »

Try to rush to the road in the middle of the map with your best tanks and destroy the fast radar unit in the ennemy force that will pass through there.
It will drop the tech for the Heavy Cannon.
Credits to Kacen for making the image.
gypakk
Trained
Trained

Post by gypakk »

Last time I played this map (in 2.0.8 ), I tryed it in another way:

I landed with two groups, each of them: 6 (expirienced) python lancer tracks, 4 python repair tracks.

As soon as the first group landed, I moved it to the east, ignoring Scavangers, of course. Then to the edge north east.
Now along the north border to the edge on the north west. Then from the Back to the landing zone.
The second group followed the first.

It worked!

gypakk
Life is real - unless declared as integer.
jgagnier
New user

Post by jgagnier »

Here is a snapshot,hope it clears things up. the arrow to the right is as close as i can get before the enemy lz comes in. The lz lands then takes off right away then saying enemy escaping mission failed
Attachments
untitled.JPG
RBL-4NiK8r
Trained
Trained

Post by RBL-4NiK8r »

Well its the mission I thought you were on, so its not to bad, first off your trying to get to the LZ from the hill top, your better off staying to the right when you come down the hill into the valley. You can work your way around to the back of the LZ and take out the Lancer Hardpoints that will stop the enemy from escaping, if need be do a suicide mission with some lancers to take them out, but you have to target them and also take out all the hardpoints in the back. A few Bunker Busters in the mix are good for that too, but they suck on anything else so I would limit them to 1 or 2 in a group of Lancers.

Oh and before you move from your LZ you need to make some hardpoints so the Scavs dont stop you from bringing in more units, that can happen, thats why I take out that first base when I land. As I recall you need to take out the Lancer Hardpoints in the enemy LZ with in 30 mins, and at about 10-15 mins the HC vehicle with the tech will come thru the valley. Its not to hard to take some trucks down and build a good line of Lancer bunkers so you stop them before they come thru to take the tech to the LZ. Not sure if you learned about making dummies or half builds, but you can take one truck and have them place HMG bunkers in a row across the valley to block all vehicles and then have the other trucks working on Lancers bunkers, now there is a trick to this, because as I recall you do have a trigger that will start the convoy moving with the HC tech, but thats something your going to need to play with to figure out how far you can go before you set it off, key thing is staying out of there radar range for the most part or any sensor towers.

After you take out the Convoy and get the HC tech I would wipe out the Scavs with your best tanks so they can get more rank, it will pay off later, and then take most of your forces around the back of that hill, and wipe out the LZ, my guess is that you have not found that back area yet, and once you do it should be a pice a cake, also learn to build mortars in rows outside of enemy fire but still in range to do damage. I try to keep them along the edge of the cliff face tiles and walk them forward as they take out targets. Anyways I hope this helps let me know if your still having problems. Oh just wait till you get to the Big One you will be pulling your hair out on that for quit awhile.

4nE
I've created "something that kills people." And in that purpose, I was a success. I've done this because, philosophically, I'm sympathetic to your aim. I can tell you, with no ego, this is my finest sword. If, on your journey, you should encounter God, God will be cut.......Hattori Hanzo
jgagnier
New user

Post by jgagnier »

ok,finally got it, thanks so much!!