Alpha 11 Stop Removal of the artifacts

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
Schwager1
Greenhorn

Alpha 11 Stop Removal of the artifacts

Post by Schwager1 »

I have read the guide & tried to follow it but at about 19 minutes in the transport comes in. 11 minutes just doesn't seem like enough. I'm guessing that there is a trigger that starts the transports arrival, but I don't know what's doing it. Where is the unit carrying the artifact starting from?
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Re: Alpha 11 Stop Removal of the artifacts

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

A New Paradigm tank will automatically collect the artifact once it reaches it, so you'll need to act as soon as your 1st transport is dropped off.

What I'd do is load the transport with a bunch of Python Medium Cannon Tracks and/or Python Lancer Tracks, along with a couple Python Heavy Machinegun Tracks to fend off scavengers, and a couple heavy trucks to build a repair facility. Order your tanks and trucks to move east, to a point where, at the north, lies the entrance to the canyon, where the artifact is located, and where the New Paradigm expeditionary force will emerge once they've recovered the artifact. Build a repair facility south of that entrance so that your tanks can retreat for repairs.

Remember that this is a race against time, so don't stop just because a few Scavengers are in your way! Instead, just drive through them, and let your tanks pick them off as they travel towards their destination. Don't worry about damage, as the Scavengers' weapons should barely be able to make a dent on your shiny new Python tanks.

Also, what reinforcements you wish to send is up to you, whether it's Python Bombard Wheels, or additional Python Medium Cannon Tracks and/or Python Lancer Tracks, along with a couple Commanders.
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Yup - ignore the scavs like Shadow says, and build some repair stations near the main areas of battle for fast repairs.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

This idea by Rommel is very smart.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3051&start=255#p119145
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

montetank wrote:This idea by Rommel is very smart.
viewtopic.php?f=45&t=3051&start=255#p119145
Thanks! I yes I believe the easiest way to beat this level is with the cyborg rush at the start, it lets you quickly get the artifact - like I said in my walkthru, I am pretty much sure that this level was designed for cyborg use.
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
hurukan
New user

Post by hurukan »

Sorry to re-open this thread but I'm fed up with loosing the Alpha 11 everytime...
I bussed up all the scavs in the area and the two bases (the one just aside the "canyon" and the one in the south-east) plus the one near the artifact to be collected.
But I really don't know how prevent enemy to escape...

Someone could help me discover what is wrong with this stage ?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Please explain me where did you have the idea of destroy scavenger bases on the highground from, considering that the briefing clearly says you to intercept new paradigm tanks in the canyon :?:

I'm working on the campaign now, so your feedback could probably help me make it clearer.
wz2100-20141225_102033-SUB_1_7S.jpg
wz2100-20141225_102033-SUB_1_7S.jpg (48.73 KiB) Viewed 7628 times
Also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Y0DC1toaPU
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

NoQ wrote:considering that the briefing clearly says you to intercept new paradigm tanks in the canyon :?:
Maybe it is only a question of translation. First time i played the campaign i had the same problem, because i used the german translation (my first language). As far as i remember the briefing told me to stop the transporter. No words about tanks in the canyon. The briefings in german are not clear in some missions. Don`t know how it is in other languages.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.