Beta 5 Mission

All campaign discussions go here.
Tips / tricks & help!
beren6
New user

Beta 5 Mission

Post by beren6 » 19 Dec 2012, 19:12

Hello All:

Bit of a noob at this, but I've made my way to the Beta 5 mission, where I seem to be completely stuck. The main problem seems to be the Nexus ripple rockets, which seem to have longer range than anything I've got, so I can't get either units or mortar pits in place to take anything out. Consequently, I can't seem to get anything close enough to the Nexus base without having most of my units massacred in short order. Any advice would be welcome!

aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: Beta 5 Mission

Post by aubergine » 20 Dec 2012, 00:08

See if these help: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8340
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO

Stratadrake
Trained
Trained

Post by Stratadrake » 20 Dec 2012, 07:08

Beta 5 is your first experience with enemy Ripple Rockets, and without access to VTOL tech yet there isn't particularly much you can do to defend against them.

Broadly speaking, make your way across the map slowly, destroying absolutely every Collective anything you come across - sensor, hardpoint, bunker, doesn't matter (due to a bug in the 3.x series pretty much ANY enemy unit or structure can paint you as an artillery target). Light and Medium units probably won't stand a chance against Ripples, so make sure to have some Heavy chassis units at the front of your assault group to soak up the rockets - bonus points for skilled units (or a skilled Command unit leading them). Make sure to retreat at heavy damage (if not medium) and build Repair Facilities anywhere that isn't in enemy sensor coverage to keep the repair trips short. Ripple Rockets reload very slowly, so take advantage of this to keep pressing the assault.

The good news is that this enemy airbase is where you get Ripple Rocket (and VTOL) tech; Ripple Rockets make excellent CB artillery, and the Collective's AA flak tech is inferior to yours (heavy VTOL's are good as immune to it for a few missions).
Strata @dA, @FAC

o0hshift
Rookie
Rookie

Post by o0hshift » 01 Mar 2013, 07:23

i produce 70 tank lancer python track and attack direct enemy base.
with hard difficult :D

i dont found the best strategy for this mission. only way: "many many tank"

SexViperWheels
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SexViperWheels » 09 Aug 2013, 06:05

I went with a barrage of heavy units on hovers. A few heavy cannons to soak up the ripple rockets, a couple lancers to take out any stray collective tanks, and about 20-25 mini rocket artillery tanks to instantly destroy all 3 ripples as well as EVERYTHING else in the base. MRA turrets are underrated man, they cut down so much time needed to blow up bunkers and base structures with things like MGs, cannons and lancers. Bunker busters can do this as well, but MRA is actually decent against tanks and a mass of them can nuke a small group of heavy tracks almost instantly.

montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank » 10 Aug 2013, 22:38

The best way is to move your experience units on a save point-dont forget the AA...then build 60 lancer python hovers-not tracks. Overrun the enemy base-not a very esthetic way for this mission....but 100 %. Sorry for my english. Tracks? to slow. Hoovers are better....Forget the bunker busters. The bunker busters are the most unnecessary weapon in the campaign. When you attack the enemy base with the mass of 60-70 hovers- the bunker busters will not have any effect against the enemy tracks....read the guide again and the walkthrough from "mousemaster" is for beginners very nice written.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.

SexViperWheels
Rookie
Rookie

Post by SexViperWheels » 11 Aug 2013, 02:06

Mousemaster's guide is somewhat ineffective now, since its heavily outdated. Still, it's nice to use as a sort of map if you're stuck on a part, however his tactics aren't so much viable anymore.