Element of surprise or strategy

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Element of surprise or strategy

Post by BunkerBlaster »

Last unit built is in the original manual and the original game. This is not the case with version 3.1 as it has deviated from the original game. It only shows last unit encountered until you have sat uplink. By the time you encounter the units its over, not enough time to change strategy.

I want the strategy available that the original game provided me otherwise I'm inclined to always play the same way with the same weapon line instead of being strategic and using the best weapon or defense the situation requires. With some weapons there is a time to be defensive and a time to be aggressive depending on what your opponent is making, and timing is everything. It's kind of like chess, if your opponent makes this move then I'll make that move. The changes made in 3.1 encourage the quick throwing of units instead of picking the most opportune time.

So I searched and found the thread where it was discussed. It seems another strategic element has been changed in the name of noobs as mentioned in the thread. With three research (original default also) your more inclined to go with one weapon and not a mixed army, so watching the alliance screen is probably one of the most important things you can do. So what this did in 3.1 is exchange strategy for the element of surprise and Warzone is not the strategic game it once was, which is a travesty. I would seriously rethink these changes.

I pointed you to one of the few people that knows what they are talking about and even said it would make the game "randomness", but apparently it went on deaf ears.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=8529&hilit=last+un ... ted#p88922
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Element of surprise or strategy

Post by NoQ »

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8878 is the right thread.
BunkerBlaster
Trained
Trained

Re: Element of surprise or strategy

Post by BunkerBlaster »

Thank You, I read the thread and most of the comments are mindless banter. No need to rehash it but I will say why I didn't bring this up earlier. I'm not just a high oil player, I actually prefer low oil up to 20 oil, anything over that and 5 research is just arcade type playing IMO. With ver 2.3.9 the alliance screen did not work at all which killed low to med oil games for me. Since the the alliance menu did not work and it's important to me I stop playing the game for about 10 months. I only play multiplayer and I did check back from time to time but 3.1 multiplayer did not work. There are other issues I have with multiplayer that probably don't exist in low oil games. So I figured I would look at the glass half full instead of half empty and get back to the basics. In doing so I found the heart of the game has changed and now my glass is completely empty as I don't think it right to force everyone to play the same way by only going with what works best. In the 2.3 series because of players falling into the "no vtol trap" it was rebalanced to prevent "turtling" which took away defensive play as it's ineffective now. And in 3.1 hitting at the heart of the game by changing tank preview is the icing on the cake for me. Might as well just delete the tech tree and give everyone one weapon. There will come a time the new players will realize random type games do not make sense to them when it's suppose to be strategic game and I would watch for signs of that. I still like the game for what it use to be so I’ll be back from time to time to play a units only random arcade game. Feel free to delete this thread since one already exists, my mistake.