Strategy and counter-strategy debate thread.

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Re: Strategy and counter-strategy debate thread.

Post by zydonk »

Iluvalar wrote:
NoQ wrote:
It's not an issue, but from my experience playing NRS in sk all I got was a flamer bunker and a pulse hardpoint.
You did something seriously wrong then. This shows that you criticize something you know nothing about; a mod you hardly ever played. Please stop posting this non-sense.
Obviously !
But just to hammer the last nail in the coffin, here is a skirmish savegame of me in 8c-pill_NRSpV121 beating the crap out of the last AI survivors using pulse laser towers as ONLY weapon for the entire game.
Not my point, Il. I did likewise on that map you made available to me - though I needed to add the requisite zillion pulse hover tanks to speed things along.

And to return the complement, here is an amended version of cockate that reflects your critique of the original. There is slightly more oil now, but it may be better distributed. It plays like all hell, but that might be because the AI is in good mood today.

Be a devil and play it with v1.10 set to hard!
Attachments
8c-cockatx.wz
reworked version of cockate
(20.88 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Me again. Where's the rest of the Pill savefile, and where do I get the map itself?
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

Gosh, sorry I forgot files, I'm not used at moving savegames around
Attachments
8c-Pill_NRSpV121.wz
(310.4 KiB) Downloaded 303 times
nrsPill-2.zip
(189.18 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

zydonk wrote: Not my point, Il. I did likewise on that map you made available to me - though I needed to add the requisite zillion pulse hover tanks to speed things along.
That's why I left the last base for you to destroy with my trucks. So you will see that it is fast enough,
zydonk wrote: And to return the complement, here is an amended version of cockate that reflects your critique of the original. There is slightly more oil now, but it may be better distributed. It plays like all hell, but that might be because the AI is in good mood today.

Be a devil and play it with v1.10 set to hard!
hmm sorry, I just realised that cockate is actualy your own work. That explain why you react so strongly to my comments. However, moving that oil will certainly not make that map in my favorite.

The map segregate the players in the depth of their own base. The paths give any informations besides the status of the nearest neighbour (and even...). The flow of the map keep the players ignorant of what is really going on. It might be good in SP where every AI just randomly pick a direction to go and do not insist on it. But in MP, someone will fall on an opportunity. And nobody will know about it.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
zydonk
Trained
Trained

Post by zydonk »

Iluvalar wrote:
The map segregate the players in the depth of their own base. The paths give any informations besides the status of the nearest neighbour (and even...). The flow of the map keep the players ignorant of what is really going on. It might be good in SP where every AI just randomly pick a direction to go and do not insist on it. But in MP, someone will fall on an opportunity. And nobody will know about it.
Running the risk of boring you - cockate etc were NOT made for mp. It happens that people play them in mp. All of your criticisms of these maps might well be justified from the point of view of mp, but so what?

Anyway, you could try cockatx in sp as I suggested. Who knows, you might actually enjoy the brawl...