The future of Warzone

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Re: The future of Warzone

Post by Per »

Jorzi wrote:Made another render with some new models, hope you like it :)
It is awesome! Nicely done.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Thank you all for your encouragement, we do what we can with the free time we have :)
If anyone is interested in contributing, feel free to contact us, modellers and texturers are always welcome of course, but 2d and concept art can be just as important.
The design and details is half the modeling work, no matter if t's done using photoshop/pencils/mspaint/modeling clay/cardboard :wink:
So if you're feeling creative, you know what to do :)

We appreciate any contributions, of course, but our main goal is to simply remake the old stuff, rather than making new units or changing the game balance, so if you want to be extra helpful, keep that in mind ;)

ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

Simply brilliant. I do have a small request though: do you think you could recolor one of those renders so the tanks use the default green camo? :wink:
Collective Leader
Trained
Trained

Post by Collective Leader »

I wish WZ looked like that, though the best improvement to graphics effects that I know of is moving wheels and tracks, so things look a little less... What's the word, "odd," sliding about like little model toys. XD
Warriors of the Collective, attack and destroy all who resist The Machine.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Just for you cyclonatorz :)

@collective leader: I know berg has been experimenting with moving wheels and has got some interesting results, but unfortunately it requires quite a bit of modding expertise, as well as knowledge about the animation system, of which I have neither.
Attachments
tankposter3b.jpg
ImageImage
Defacto
Trained
Trained

Post by Defacto »

Will this be added to the main game itself, and not just as a mod from some dark website i never saw before?

It's awesome, by the way. :P
HALO DERE
IMMA DEFDAKTOS INVSIBAL NUB

I HAIDE IN HIS HED AND SPAMM HIS SIGNUTRUES LOLOLOL
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Right now it's just a mod project, but we aim to make the it such that it can be accepted into trunk once the graphics are ready ;)
ImageImage
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

Jorzi wrote:Just for you cyclonatorz :)

@collective leader: I know berg has been experimenting with moving wheels and has got some interesting results, but unfortunately it requires quite a bit of modding expertise, as well as knowledge about the animation system, of which I have neither.
Wonderful, thanks Jorzi! It's awesome seeing the new models with the classic colors. :D
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

After some extensive tweaking with the smoke simulator, I finally got myself a pic I liked :)
Attachments
flamerscene1.jpg
ImageImage
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

Jorzi wrote:After some extensive tweaking with the smoke simulator, I finally got myself a pic I liked :)
Awesome, I was wondering how long it'd take you to make a render incorporating the new hovertank model. As always, it wasn't much of a wait. :D

The only problem I can see is that your and Orlox's textures use a slightly different style, which constrasts a bit too much in this image. However, since that's completely out of your control, I can't really fault you, and it still looks rather nice. :wink:
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Thank you, yeah the bug model was made before I joined the team and has a slightly different style, it also hasn't got any normal map yet which is why it looks a bit polygonal and sharp in comparison.
Slightly different styles are of course inevitable when doing teamwork, but I think we have managed to keep it at least somewhat consistent so far. Mangust and I also discussed a bit about doing a final remastering of all the textures before the final release, to give a nice and uniform look to the models.
ImageImage
CyclonatorZ
Trained
Trained

Post by CyclonatorZ »

FYI: the render you made at my request is now my desktop background. And it looks awesome. :)
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

CyclonatorZ wrote:FYI: the render you made at my request is now my desktop background. And it looks awesome. :)
I would love to use it too, but I use two monitors so a matched set is a must :P
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Matched set... hmm, could you elaborate? Sounds like an interesting idea ;)
ImageImage
milo christiansen
Regular
Regular

Post by milo christiansen »

I make a single image out of two 1280x1024 images and set my desktop to "tile". This makes it so each monitor shows a different image, otherwise they show the same, and that's just boring :wink:

for example my current background is the two pepperpot tank renders from base.wz, the ones used as menu backgrounds.
In general, if you see glowing, pulsating things in the game, you should click on them.
- Demigod Game Ganual