Warzone 2100 is quite something for someone like me

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
AM Chear
New user

Warzone 2100 is quite something for someone like me

Post by AM Chear »

It has been about 20 years since I met the game for the first time when I was 13. I bought it from a game vendor among several other games, and found soon that it was a great game by comparing it with a well-known game, StarCarft and, as you can imagine, I was deeply impressed by its concept of design and flexibility of play. More amazingly, my mom liked the game than I did. Although long time has passed, when I relax and seek some computer games for help, similar scenes can still remind me of that pumpkin shown in the startup of Warzone 2100.

Since I found this site a few hours ago, I downloaded the (new-life) game again and have played it for a while. I would like to say thanks to you all who devote yourself to developping, improving and maintaing this great game.

(By the way, I found it a little abnormal when playing the game with default settings (enviroment: portable computer, win 10, Chinese language), and a manual switching to English is needed for the language setting).
AM Chear
New user

Re: Warzone 2100 is quite something for someone like me

Post by AM Chear »

Regarding the abnormal language problem in Chinese OS, the method discussed in the topic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3972&hilit=chinese+character works.

As a summary, the mentioned method may be fourfold:
1) The setting of fontname is assigned to a default built-in fontname, namely DejaVuSans.
2) Any manual re-assignment of the fontname via modifying the config file is therefore invalid.
3) The effective way to re-assign a new font shoud be changing the properties of the new font to those of DejaVuSans. Rename the new font file (with changed properties) as DejaVuSans.ttf. Analogously, one can also obtain a second new file DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf.
4) Replace the older DejaVuSans.ttf and DejaVuSans-Bold.ttf into the `/font' folder with the two new files.

For convenience, two new files are attached, by using which the game language can be switched to Chinese normally.