In a 3 team game, Scavengers don't attack the 3rd team...

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

In a 3 team game, Scavengers don't attack the 3rd team...

Post by Doruletz »

I just noticed this...
In a 3 team game (EXAMPLE: 6 player map, 2 vs 2 vs 2), Scavengers don't attack the 3rd team for some reason, and I find that odd.
Is it a bug, or what's the deal here???

Tried more than one map, same result.
What do I think about Window$ ??? Just see my AVATAR...
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: In a 3 team game, Scavengers don't attack the 3rd team..

Post by NoQ »

Scavengers don't attack on their own. They only react to aggression. Probably this team is just wise enough to not bother them. The code for the default scavenger behavior is extremely trivial: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... cavfact.js

Ultimate-scavengers have each of their factories independently attack the closest target. If the map contains symmetric scavenger factories near each team, the pressure should be uniform; otherwise it's random and probably unfair.

NullBot-based scavengers (if you install them intentionally, but nobody uses these mods as far as i know), both old and new, attack irregularly as a normal player would. It's completely unfair.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

@NoQ:

I tried in UltScav MOD too, same thing. They consider the 3rd team as their own, they only attack units and structures from teams 1 and 2.
I took a spot in team 3 (or C), just to prove this, and the Scavs came over and built their crap inside my base, but they did not attack me.
Later in the game, when teams 1 and 2 became stronger, all the Scavs came seeking refuge inside my base...
Try it, NoQ, you'll see.
NoQ wrote:Scavengers don't attack on their own. They only react to aggression. Probably this team is just wise enough to not bother them. The code for the default scavenger behavior is extremely trivial: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2 ... cavfact.js

Ultimate-scavengers have each of their factories independently attack the closest target. If the map contains symmetric scavenger factories near each team, the pressure should be uniform; otherwise it's random and probably unfair.

NullBot-based scavengers (if you install them intentionally, but nobody uses these mods as far as i know), both old and new, attack irregularly as a normal player would. It's completely unfair.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

Looks like you found a bug then. I can confirm that scavengers are friendly with certain players with teams enabled (differs with team configurations). I will make a ticket about this.
Doruletz
Trained
Trained

Post by Doruletz »

Berserk Cyborg wrote:Looks like you found a bug then. I can confirm that scavengers are friendly with certain players with teams enabled (differs with team configurations). I will make a ticket about this.
Thanks, Berserk Cyborg
Drunken_Crusader5
New user

Post by Drunken_Crusader5 »

They Probably thought that you were the New Paradigm :D
JimmyJack
Trained
Trained

Post by JimmyJack »

Doruletz wrote:
They consider the 3rd team as their own, they only attack units and structures from teams 1 and 2.
I took a spot in team 3 (or C), just to prove this, and the Scavs came over and built their crap inside my base, but they did not attack me.
Later in the game, when teams 1 and 2 became stronger, all the Scavs came seeking refuge inside my base.
Must be fixed. I could not get it to do it. I played on Melting-T1 (the only 6 player map I have) 2v2v2 where I was base 0. I set 5+4=A 3+2=B 1+0=C. That put me on team C. At first when one of my trucks drove by a scav base they didn't react but, when a tank drove by, it opened fire on the scaves. I then played again on same map only this time I set 0+1=A 2+3=B 4+5=C and I took base 4. This time I made a truck drive right up to a scav base and they promptly killed it. Could be it is the version you are running or they already fixed it in 3.2.3
Transmission ends ...