Out of sync problem, please help

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
legendaryFart
New user

Out of sync problem, please help

Post by legendaryFart »

Hi forum,

I started playing again with a friend, and after about 20-30 minutes when got out of sync . So I googled and found that deleting the config folder may help, both tried it and didn't help either. He was on Windows 8 and I was on Linux. Then we tried LAN by removing the lobby server from the config file, and we lost sync again after about 30 minutes. that test we were on Mac and Windows 10.

Any suggestions?
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Out of sync problem, please help

Post by NoQ »

Desyncs are always either game bugs or someone's trying to cheat (but failing); in your case it's most likely bugs :)

Assuming this is a recent game version, please file a bug report and provide desync logs which should be there in your config folder.
legendaryFart
New user

Post by legendaryFart »

Ok will do thanks :) we tried version 3.2.1 and 3.1.5
legendaryFart
New user

Post by legendaryFart »

Thanks for your reply! I saw this debugging command "resync" for an older version. Is this in the newer versions too? I would really just like a command to resync all players to the host in case an out of sync happens.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

There is no "resync" in recent versions, and it would be impractical to create something like that. Going out of synch should never happen, no matter how long you run for… One random thought is that you could try vacuuming the CPU fan, in case the computer is malfunctioning due to overheating.
legendaryFart
New user

Post by legendaryFart »

That's not an option, I'm on a laptop that doesn't really get hot, and like I said it happened with different PCs :/ in total we used 4 different PCs (MacBook pro, Asus laptop, Microsoft surface, and a normal Acer PC all Intel processors). Impractical to create ? Why? (I'm a programmer)
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Oh, if it's multiple PCs, then it's more likely to be a bug, then. Do you do anything unusual around the time it desynchs? The desynch logs are needed, to debug what went wrong.

It's impractical, because the game state is stored in a mess of global variables and static local variables in random files, so it's hard to figure out exactly what actually needs synching — missing one variable would mean going out of synch again. It's much easier just to stay in synch. If the game architecture were saner, this answer might be different.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

rony123 wrote:I had faced same issue as you are seeing but in my case problem resides in setting. Just go around your setting and check them twice!
Any particular setting?
Prot
Trained
Trained

Post by Prot »

I noticed a pattern. Playing very much, very often, resynchronization occurs on the maps: Sk-Pyramidal and Melting-T1 - this is most problematic maps. I do not why, we are play with and without scavs, it allways desync.
Sometimes i see desync with player, sometimes with scavs player on the host - this really strange, how the host may desync with scavs on the same PC..
v3.2.3
MagickPanda
Rookie
Rookie

Post by MagickPanda »

I have looked at wz netcode before, there is a problem with projectile not being synced and saved(saving and loading a game will make all projectiles disappear magically), it's one of the major desync culprits I assume, there are still some desync problems in other part of the game code, but not as game-breaking as the projectile one.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

That's not really how the netcode works – at least, not since 2.3.9 which tried to behave like an FPS instead of like an RTS. Things naturally stay in synch as long as all computers do the same calculations, without being saved/loaded anywhere. It's like correspondence chess, you only need to synchronise the game moves so both players do the same thing, you don't need to send the board position itself every move. A desynch in 3.2.2 and 3.2.3 should be fixed in 123ded59aedc53dc2344be9807c321774613946f, so hopefully the next version will work better.