Current State and future.

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
Lord_Kane
Trained
Trained

Current State and future.

Post by Lord_Kane »

Hey Guys,

I am a long time lurker, first time poster.

I havent exactly followed the day to day development of Warzone 2100 and I have some general questions...

1. What is the General Health of the project itself? is it still under some form of active development? I know 3.2.1 is the latest release and it did not come out all that too long ago (about 4 months)

2. there was a modding question here, but I noticed that some mods are updated or might be in the process of updating.

3. how playable is the campaign in 3.2 I know that you guys added mission timers in 3.1 roundabouts, and I generally have no problem with them, but is there some easy way to disable them? or do I have to use possibly buggy cheat codes?

Thats about it for now, I might add more as I think of them and assuming this thread doesnt get removed or I get banned (not that I aim to do this mind you)

Thank you all for any answers.
Berserk Cyborg
Code contributor
Code contributor

Re: Current State and future.

Post by Berserk Cyborg »

1. Development is still going on, but the amount of active developers is quite small. The code base is always being improved in some form over time. Lately there have been some feature updates like harfbuzz, a new animation system, and maybe vulkan support soon. (You can always see whats going on in the warzone git)

3. Campaign in 3.2.1 works. I highly recommend not using cheat codes to disable the timers as it could break your save file. The mission times are really generous and most offer 30-60 minutes (the final mission has no time limit). As far as I know, timers can not be disabled.
megavat30
New user

Re: Current State and future.

Post by megavat30 »

Berserk Cyborg wrote: 3. Campaign in 3.2.1 works. I highly recommend not using cheat codes to disable the timers as it could break your save file. The mission times are really generous and most offer 30-60 minutes (the final mission has no time limit). As far as I know, timers can not be disabled.
Well, I managed to completely disable the timer by editing .js and .vlo files. But for some reason, after the end of the each mission, I automatically received 1.000.000 of energy for free and I didn't figure out what causes this to fix it.

I hope in the future it will be possible to turn off the timer Because if everyone says that it is already giving enough time, then why is it needed at all?