Counter-radar sensor question

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Counter-radar sensor question

Post by nick87720z »

I'm gaming warzone 2100 relatively long, including skirmishes (only with bots yet, now trying different variants on "The Paradigm" mod/map).
But still can't understand, how to use this kind of sensors.

Learning of CB usage was simple, as it is used in campaign (though first time i understood that only when got anti-CB storm on vtol-tech retreiving mission, when tried to use bombard hovers agains its main base).
It is obvious: when enemy emplacement fires to area, covered by CB tower, it immediately switches to that target. When CB unit patrols when enemy artillery fires to it, it immediately stops and targets firing emplacements.

When i tested CR unit, i expected same behavior: when regular (not CB) enemy sensor detects it, it should stop and target that sensor.
For instance i tried it on enemy's command center (there was only few base structures and some engineers between command center and my CR unit). But instead it proceed towards CS, probably before it gets in CR's range - only 12 tiles (nearly, as i'm unsure), and following strike met some engineer, which exactly was not on the path of archangel missiles.

What i want to understand is in what conditions specific sensor is targeted, and agains what it works (i.e. units/structures, does it work agains all sensors, or only standard and maybe vtol radar). What i understood recently with CB is that when another long-recharging emplacement fires, CB switches to it even if previous still exists.
Those, who sacrifice culture for bit of freedom don't diserve any.
nick87720z
Trained
Trained

Re: Counter-radar sensor question

Post by nick87720z »

Found some ancient thread with similar question, now have it in right way.
How do CB and RD work?
Those, who sacrifice culture for bit of freedom don't diserve any.