All you need is Assault Guns and Pulse Lasers?

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
Prince Blueblood
Rookie
Rookie

All you need is Assault Guns and Pulse Lasers?

Post by Prince Blueblood »

Oh well, not sure how to said that, but... after installing the excellent NullBot 2.11 AI, I'm not sure but I was "Forced" to focus on getting Assault gun ASAP, especially when I want to turtle up and enjoy the game longer (instead of counter-attacking and wipe them out in mid game using Assault gunner cyborgs + Twin Assault Gun Mantis Hover)

Oh well, I'm not complaining that bullets are too strong, since they're end up relegated into meatshield territories in late game, but still, the real question is the Pulse Laser, who always end up as Pretty much trump card against anything late game, even vs Hard Turtle AI who build a ton of defenses.

Let's see, they outrange anything save true artilleries, do really good damage against anything, and most importantly, the Pulse Laser Hardpoints is the perfect defense you need when you have VTOL Pulse Laser to take care of some odd artilleries who will appear time to time, and Pulse Laser Mantis Hover to wipe the rest of enemy ground forces (esp since when you're playing too much with VTOL, NullBot will start attacking with artilleries and AA guns, which was quite good in theory, but end up making their invasion force minced meat when meet with Assault Gun + Pulse laser on hover.

ADD:

And oh, I must said that after some disastrous attempts to tech up artilleries, I must now said that I found Artillery wars wanting... :lol2: CB fights is interesting and fun, but your base will be virtually un-attackable if you don't build ANY artilleries at all. VTOLs is far better and not easily CB-ed, and Pulse Laser already outrange anything

And honestly, I start to think that Pulse Laser is too ... perfect weapon... you don't even need AA guns vs VTOLs because Pulse Lasers backed up by Twin Assault Guns eats VTOLs for breakfast...

What about either reducing their range / power then? :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: All you need is Assault Guns and Pulse Lasers?

Post by NoQ »

You are playing against an a.i. who doesn't even know how to adapt bodies to weapons. Only the other way round. So actually you can win with most single-weapon-branch compositions against nb2; but not against a human.

Countering low-dps-high-range weapons with proper tactics is even harder for an a.i.
Prince Blueblood
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Prince Blueblood »

NoQ wrote:You are playing against an a.i. who doesn't even know how to adapt bodies to weapons. Only the other way round. So actually you can win with most single-weapon-branch compositions against nb2; but not against a human.

Countering low-dps-high-range weapons with proper tactics is even harder for an a.i.
Hmm, indeed... but still... facing the same AI who also spam super pulse cyborg at the late game after they dash everything against my fortresses... :lol2:

It's a pity there's no T3 version of Bunker Buster missile...
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

It's funny how the Bunker Buster is the only one of it's category. Though to be fair, All Rounder weapons do pretty good damage to walls, and buildings. I suppose we could say that the Gauss Cannon supplements as a T3 version of the Bunker Buster.
Goth Zagog-Thou
Regular
Regular

Post by Goth Zagog-Thou »

If you do that against Contingency+Nullbot you'll get crushed. ;)

Seriously, give it a try. It'll be a real eye-opener.