heavy cannon, assult cannon or hyper cannon

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
Shozz22
Trained
Trained

heavy cannon, assult cannon or hyper cannon

Post by Shozz22 »

My question is: what is better in campaign between Heavy caccon, assult cannon and hyper cannon. Heavy cannon has more hp and do more dmg but assult cannon does 40 hits at minut with less dmg. What is better??
montetank
Regular
Regular

Re: heavy cannon, assult cannon or hyper cannon

Post by montetank »

Shozz22 wrote:My question is: what is better in campaign between Heavy caccon, assult cannon and hyper cannon. Heavy cannon has more hp and do more dmg but assult cannon does 40 hits at minut with less dmg. What is better??
I played the campaign many times. I prefer the push and retreat strategy. The heavy cannons are very bad-to slow. Only in gamma i used sometimes the assault cannon. It is better to play without cannons. Lancers and later the tankkillers are for the push and retreat strategy much better. I compare the cannons with the spanish armada....
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Shozz22
Trained
Trained

Post by Shozz22 »

And do u use tank killer in gamma versus cyborg and hover?
Idk if this is a good idea....
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

You asked for the cannons. Against the cyborgs you have the assult guns. Combination of guns and lancers/tank killers is the best way. I dont no any good player in the campaign, who uses the heavy cannons.
The assault cannon is not bad in some gamma missions but not a "must".
Sorry for my english, shozz22.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Shozz22
Trained
Trained

Post by Shozz22 »

montetank wrote:You asked for the cannons. Against the cyborgs you have the assult guns. Combination of guns and lancers/tank killers is the best way. I dont no any good player in the campaign, who uses the heavy cannons.
The assault cannon is not bad in some gamma missions but not a "must".
Sorry for my english, shozz22.
Np for english. Im italian and my english is bad too.
What do u think about flashing, pulse laser and needle gun?
Prince Blueblood
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Prince Blueblood »

hyper velocity cannons are quite good on hover medium bodies, they're long ranged and excellent for kiting much slower tank forces... all while quick enough to avoid mortars, ripples, and howitzers. that's it, but once you caught or trapped up close, they die quickly... especially against flamers.
marioxcc
New user

Post by marioxcc »

The maps you're talking about are called NTW or high oil. They're too popular in the lobby (the correct popularity for them is 0). Not only I dislike those maps, but there's an objective problem with them: They require an higher clicking rate that what a human can typically reach, meaning that almost all players neglect some or most aspects of the game. This has the effect that there's minimal strategy. It's about who can neglect the less things: I.e: do the most clicks per seconds, therefore subtracting the strategy part from Warzone 2100. As far as I know, there are no NTW maps shipped by default with Warzone for this or similar reasons. Compare with abstract strategy games like Go, Chess and Backgammon where time is not the limiting factor, and that allows the player to analyze the game to great depth. Most of the time playing those is spent thinking, not either by moving physical tokens or giving input to a computer. This makes those games an intellectual activity, with far more virtue in this regard than playing Warzone, and especially Warzone in NTW maps. Rather than playing a NTW map, players could play a first person shooter which are focused on raw action rather than strategy.

Try hosting your own game. I almost always do, and it's not hard to get players who want to play something else than a clicking fest, but you might have to wait a bit more. If you're really interested in strategy, learn and play Go (also called Weiqi and Baduk).

Regards.
----
This message is Copyright 2014 Mario Castelán Castro and it's released under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.