How does upgrading work?

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
Jenexs
New user

How does upgrading work?

Post by Jenexs »

Great game! Im pretty new, so, im gonna be asking lots of questions :lol2: , anywho, How does upgrading work? lets say i have a Engine, or a flamer or something, and it goes from Original to mrk.2 or whatever, Do i have to Recycle and rebuild the unit to get the upgrade? or does it automatically upgrade? Same with emplacements?

All answers appriciated :D
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: How does upgrading work?

Post by NoQ »

All answers appriciated
Yes :roll: No :roll: Depends :roll:
Do i have to Recycle and rebuild the unit to get the upgrade?
You don't need to rebuild your units or buildings unless you want to actually change your design (eg. replace flamer with inferno, or machinegun with twin machinegun). Upgrades are applied automatically.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Hello Jenexs,

a new guide is in work. This old guide will help to answer your questions.
http://web.archive.org/web/201301182348 ... z2100.net/
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

If the upgrade produces a new class of weapon, the old one will not be upgraded automatically. A small canon will not be upgraded to a medium canon, a machine gun will not be upgraded to a assault gun and so on. :)
Jenexs
New user

Post by Jenexs »

themac wrote:If the upgrade produces a new class of weapon, the old one will not be upgraded automatically. A small canon will not be upgraded to a medium canon, a machine gun will not be upgraded to a assault gun and so on. :)
Like, lets say i get a mrk.0 to mrk.1, do i need to rebuild the tank?
HolyDragoon
Trained
Trained

Post by HolyDragoon »

If it isn't a new body, turret or propulsion, you don't have to recycle the tank. Think of those 'mark' upgrades as refitting existing units with the new technology.
"Relativity applies to Physics, not Ethics." - Albert Einstein
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

There is by the way a good reason to recycle and to build new a tank: If you recycle a tank, his experiences do not get lost and will be fitted with the next new tank you produce. :)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

themac wrote:There is by the way a good reason to recycle and to build new a tank: If you recycle a tank, his experiences do not get lost and will be fitted with the next new tank you produce. :)
It's not really efficient in multiplayer. You only get a fraction of your money back when recycling. And honestly, there is no much difference between a light and a medium cannon (or any other weapons).

Doesnt worth to recycle until you are many technology ahead.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.