Game Mods

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
technician
Rookie
Rookie

Game Mods

Post by technician »

As far as I am aware, the only way to load/unload mods in warzone is to place them in your "Warzone 2100 3.1\mods\AUTOLOAD" folder, and when you don't want them, remove them from this folder. I have been finding this annoying, because most MP games are played without mods, so to be able to play MP, I must go and remove my mods from the AUTOLOAD folder, then put them back for my single-player games.

What I am suggesting, is that warzone could include an in-game option where you can select which mods you want to load when you play, that way you don't have to go and rearrange your AUTOLOAD folder when you need to change your mods for any reason.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as far as I am aware, warzone doesn't have any features to make this (mod loading) more integrated.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Re: Game Mods

Post by vexed »

You can load mods via the command line.
As for picking them within the game... we don't have a good GUI for that.
The best we can come up with is to use something like the save/load games stuff, but that isn't very good, and has issues as well.
Eventually, someone will cook up something.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Terminator
Regular
Regular

Post by Terminator »

you can creat a folder called "autoload_MP" and "autoload_sp" and put that a special set of mods for each case so when needed you just remane one folder to "autoload" , so no need to move anything. (y may have as many folders as you need)
Death is the only way out... sh*t Happens !

Russian-speaking Social network Group http://vk.com/warzone2100
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

I suggest Warzone should - in addition to the map - also transfer the mods to all players and to be able to activate and deactivate them to match the hosted game.
technician
Rookie
Rookie

Post by technician »

vexed wrote:You can load mods via the command line.
As for picking them within the game... we don't have a good GUI for that.
The best we can come up with is to use something like the save/load games stuff, but that isn't very good, and has issues as well.
Eventually, someone will cook up something.
Terminator wrote:you can creat a folder called "autoload_MP" and "autoload_sp" and put that a special set of mods for each case so when needed you just remane one folder to "autoload" , so no need to move anything. (y may have as many folders as you need)
Thanks for the information. It was helpful.