effective range when attached to commander

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
oldParadigm
New user

effective range when attached to commander

Post by oldParadigm »

Hello,

Some of the direct fire weapons in the late stage of the campaign have a range of fire with a larger radius than their sensor range (confirmed by using SHIFT+F12). My questions is, how does attaching these units to a commander affect their sensor range? If I want to take full advantage of their sensor range should I detach them from the commander and carry them as a group with a sensor turret as a spotter? Sorry if this has been dealt with before and thanks much for any useful advice!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: effective range when attached to commander

Post by NoQ »

After a few sensor upgrades sensors should get a bit longer range than commanders (sensor upgrades upgrade sight range, but commanders are limited by their weapon range). Blind guess; didn't look at campaign stats.

Otherwise, attached arty shoots whatever sensor looks at or commander shoots at, regardless of arty's own sight range.
oldParadigm
New user

Re: effective range when attached to commander

Post by oldParadigm »

Thanks NoQ! I was thinking more along the lines of a turret like the scourage missile which is direct fire but has a higher fire radius than visibility radius. Ignoring experience boosts, is this unit better off hanging out with a sensor (to piggyback off the sensors high vision/detection radius) or attached to a commander (which might potentially not add much to what the scourage can see...) Thanks!