I need help with cheats

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
frustrated
New user

I need help with cheats

Post by frustrated »

Hi,

I've joined the forum for help with this. I love the game but that timer is after frustrating the hell out of me and I've wasted 4 hours today on mission 11, only to have the timer run out when I was close to completion, lol. Anyway, I started looking for cheats to bypass the timer and have been frustrated once again. I started running version 3.1.1, oblivious to what version I was even running. My first search gave me cheats which I had to type after pressing 't'. 't' does nothing. I read that I need patch 1.01b which does not seem to exist. Next search threw up "shift + backspace" to activate cheat mode, enter the cheat, hit return. Doesn't work.

I downloaded v3.1.0 portable and v2.3.9. Shift+backspace activated cheat mode in 2.3.9, great, happy days. I type something out and hit return and I get a message back on whether a cheat has been activated or not. But when trying to type out a cheat, such as 'get off my land', the keys are doing things like bringing up a list of hotkey commands or selecting a unit and activating a 3rd person cam specific to that unit and even activating a 3rd person cam that jumps from one hostile unit to the next, and so the cheats are not working. I believe I got biffer baker to work at one point.

I have UTFSE and gotten old threads where members have provided several useful links that describe how to get cheats working and which were all dead. Sorry if this has been dealt with before, but I can't find a decent, clear, version specific explanation of what I need to do.

So;

Is it possible to activate cheats in version 3.1.1? That would be ideal for me. If not, can I temporarily disable those hotkeys so I can cheat in 2.3.9? I am about to give 3.1.0 portable a go and see if I can get that working, although I'm having a little difficulty getting it to run in full screen mode.

Thanks for any help you can give, guys :)
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: I need help with cheats

Post by NoQ »

that timer is after frustrating the hell out of me
Most missions can be beaten in under 1/3 of the given time, see my old walkthrough [1].
Otherwise, see wiki [2].
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Try this mod-sorry i`m joking :lol2: NoQ is right. Never give up.
http://addons.wz2100.net/238
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
oldParadigm
New user

Post by oldParadigm »

Hello frustrated,

I recently had to use cheats because of the bug in the last mission -- this was sad, but the game is great so I dont care. I think you have to:

press ENTER
type: cheat on
press ENTER

press ENTER
type <cheat code>
press ENTER

I think it would be relevant for the veteran members to confirm since you might need this for the last mission anyways. Also, in the future, you may use the web archive to get to dead links: https://archive.org/web/web.php

Have fun!
technician
Rookie
Rookie

Post by technician »

You can just go into debug mode (shift_backspace) and then open the debug menu (ctrl_o) and you can cheat (you can pause the game too).
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

oldParadigm wrote:
I recently had to use cheats because of the bug in the last mission !
??? Bug in the last mission??? O_o
explain please

I must repeat: It is possible to solve the campaign without cheating and without a walkthrough. Be patient. :)
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

??? Bug in the last mission???
There's a known bug that game doesn't end if you blow up some enemy structures in different order, or something like that. Nobody figured out why yet.
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

Activate the cheat mode via SHIFT + BACKSPACE. After that hit ENTER to get into the text line. Type in TIME TOGGLE and press RETURN to stop the timer. :)