Weapons not a Vailable and Too far

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Weapons not a Vailable and Too far

Post by iceman11a »

I'm watching the other side I'm playing and I see some crap that I'm not happy about. From way over on the other side of the map with weapons I don't have or don't show in my research list I get all shot up from them. How can I fight some thing I can't defend. I see weapons that the enemy has that I don't have. They don't show in my build list nor do they show in my Research list. So I'm stump. How can I defend myself if I don't have the weapons. ????

The other problem is that How can they shoot from the other side of the map. That's not possible. I watch this guns and weapons they have and they shoot from all the way a crossed the map.

Has any one had these problems playing WZ2100 Build Dec 12 2013 in map sk-cockpit-t1 in a skirmish game. The problem is that I think the game cheats. It cheats on other players. Try playing the map above with just one player and one nullbot and see what happens.
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Re: Weapons not a Vailable and Too far

Post by Rommel »

Maybe you are slow on the research - there are definite research paths that you need to follow to "unlock" weapons, including ripple rockets (which is probably the weapon hammering you from afar). You can't just research willy nilly, you need to set your goals as to what weapon you want and then follo what path exactly (especially if you are playing one on one). If you are playing against someone experienced and you haven't learned the proper research path and counters, you will be owned sorry.
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

Well it's not just the research, Just 10 minutes into the game, After starting. I get attacked. For every unit I make they make 10 more. There's no way to research any faster. The other problem is research takes way too long. I see that most items take up to 15 minutes. Can I ask, Why 15 minutes. If I'm trying to make units. I can't do research, Why I'm out of power. Some of the items take 7 or 8 minutes. That's way too long. I guess I'll have to try different methods and see if I can change it. I hate losing every time.

Trying to do research and build unites and built building and even setup a defense takes 20 minutes from scratch. I can't see any one doing it any faster. Do you know of some one that can do all that faster.
Staff
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Staff »

You are doing something very wrong, most research items do not take 15 mins. to research.

Seems like you should play the campaign and get a better feel for the game, then play skirmish on easy, against 1 AI (Nullbot don't cheat, it is just really efficient), and then add more bots to get more of a challenge.
Find and capture as many oil resources as you can, build multiple power generators to handle all the oil resources (each one can handle 4), and build multiple research buildings so you can research in parallel...
Sorry, this account has been deactivated.
Please post issues in Website feedback instead, only Moderators can read things there.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Read the guide and learn the research tree [1].
No, the game doesn't cheat much, you just need to learn how to play.
Just 10 minutes into the game, After starting. I get attacked.
You can destroy them in 6 minutes if you play correctly. [2]
Why 15 minutes.
Because you're not upgrading research facilities.
Why I'm out of power.
Because you're not capturing derricks or upgrading power generators.
And also it's normal to split power into research and production and not normal to actually have extra power.
How can they shoot from the other side of the map.
There is long-range artillery in this game, which is targeted via sensors, and it is also very weak, so coming with stronger but short-ranged tanks is often more effective, unless they need to siege a base that does not move towards them.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

It is usually possible for ripple rockets, or archangel batteries to attack the enemies base by getting the base into the sight range of your units.
Holocaust and Genocide, both linked to Mass Slaughter.
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

No, the game doesn't cheat much,
Right. Not by much right. Ok, I'm getting the idea you not under standing me, You said the word, The game cheats. This is unfair.

2) Upgrading the research buildings, As far as I know. There are only 1 option that I have seen for up grading the research building. And that the item that goes on top of the research building.
Because you're not capturing derricks or upgrading power generators.
And also it's normal to split power into research and production and not normal to actually have extra power.
Every time I try and do that, Just 3 minutes into the game. The enemy has all ready captured them. and my trucks get destroyed before they have a chance to do any thing. So this is not all ways possible.
There is long-range artillery in this game, which is targeted via sensors, and it is also very weak, so coming with stronger but short-ranged tanks is often more effective, unless they need to siege a base that does not move towards them.
Ok, I do under stand some of this, I check the docs on this. and I see 2 sensors. The 1st sense I research right a way. How ever. The other sensor. The one that's in the links you sent me, This item doesn't even show up in my research list for an hour after game play starts.

So let me go another way, Last night I was playing another map. I started a front line, Between them and me, There was about 10 blocks between them and my units. I had harden sensors on both ends, I had Mini rockets and Mortar firing on them, The problem was i had to pull my units back, Because the Mini Rockets won't fire, The mortar did, I tried the assign the Mini Rocket batteries to the sensors I had and that didn't work. I can't use Harden sensors, They don't work. I need to use CD Towers, They don't show up on my research list for another hour or so. I need to see some thing that shows me step by step how to play. What your saying makes no sense. The options and units are not there. Your telling me to upgrade they are not available.

Even the CB tower doesn't show on my research list for an hour after game starts. I see that the wide spectrim tower is needed all so and I hardly ever see this tower.

If any one has some ideas. I listening.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Apparently you can't assign mortars and other artillery to sensor towers, hardened or not. You can only assign artillery to sensor units.
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

Yes, I kink of get the idea, One question, When I do an upgrade on any thing, Does the upgrade take affect right a way. Or does it have to wait for the next unit to be made. With the limits on the number of units I can have there no way to win.

I just played again, and the ripple rockets on the enemy side force me into a corner where I couldn't get out of. Every time I tried to place the same think. It would destroy them from the other side of the map. I never could see where they were coming from. It's just the Game bots cheat.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

Don`t play against Nexus. Nexus cheats in research. Play against Nullbot. The problem with the other (cb) sensor: resarch cannons-upgrade.Then mortars-upgrade them until you get the cb-tower. And then you will see the ripple rockets in the reasearch -list - 100%. I am sure. Hesterax wrote: " Apparently you can't assign mortars and other artillery to sensor towers, hardened or not.". Thats wrong. You cant assign mortar-pits! But thats not neccesarry because they are automatically assigned to the nearest sensortower. The mortar-turrets could be assigned to sensortowers and sensor-turrets. Here is a link to the new research tree (still in work but i cant find something wrong) made by crab :)
http://betaguide.wz2100.net/Research.php
But this tree is in work-try to understand this one:

http://web.archive.org/web/201301151511 ... /tech-tree
Last edited by montetank on 23 Jan 2014, 15:19, edited 3 times in total.
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

sorry-i forgot to say: the cb-sensor is a counter-sensor. If you build only a cb-tower. Your mortarpits and turrets will fire on enemies mortars and artillery. Later in the game there is a combination of all sensors. Read the whole guide-it is important! :)
Your other question: Yes-the upgrades take effect right a way. For all units, pits, bunkers, walls....

greetings
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
Hesterax
Trained
Trained

Post by Hesterax »

Oh sorry, when I meant hardened or not I meant hardened sensor towers and the earlier sensor tower without the concrete base. :wink:
iceman11a
Trained
Trained

Post by iceman11a »

Wow, Thanks for the info. How ever do you have a list, Saying that I have all 5 research builds. Just what to research 1st and then so on. I'm sorry. I won't be able to sit here and figure out your research tree. Or the tech tree. That's way over my head.

What I need then is an idea on what to research and what should I research 1st. and then down the list. Do you have any thing like that.

Thanks
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

iceman11a wrote:Wow, Thanks for the info. How ever do you have a list, Saying that I have all 5 research builds. Just what to research 1st and then so on. I'm sorry. I won't be able to sit here and figure out your research tree. Or the tech tree. That's way over my head.

What I need then is an idea on what to research and what should I research 1st. and then down the list. Do you have any thing like that.

Thanks
There is no "One way". I must repeat: Read the guide! It takes 2-3 hours of your time for the elementary things. The best lessions you will learn in the campaign. When i start to play WZ 4 years ago, i was not in this forum. Experience is a good teacher. The campaign will show you the most relevant things. Don`t be impatient. I am a grandmaster in chess-the only game i play in the net is WZ. Why? Because the techtree reminds me of the chessopenings. I am sure, if you read crabs guide and if you have the patient to solve the campaign you will understand the tactic and strategic of this game.
A small tip: In the addonsection you will find many highoilmaps. Play this maps against Easy-Nullbots. You will not have problems with oil and energy. So you can learn the techtree and the balance between "research and building units". But as i said above: I would prefer to solve the campaign. Have fun.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Make an allied AI and see what it researches.
You would be easily able to repeat it.

NullBot should research pretty well.