Controlling multiple players

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
Astor
New user

Controlling multiple players

Post by Astor »

Hi all!

Just have a small question, I would like to mess a little around in skimrish. Mostly trying out different unit designs vs other designs and a few preset battles.

I know that I can switch players with debug mode. But my problem is that the AI still does something. I would prefer to get full control without AI doing it's own stuff.

So for short I just need an AI that does nothing :lol2: or better control both players without switching - but I think the last one won't be that easy.

EDIT: Nevermind I found out that pause in debug menu stopps AI activity!
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Controlling multiple players

Post by NoQ »

You can run two windowed game instances at once, side by side. Like this.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

That would really be something to pull off in a competitive match :D
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Jorzi wrote:That would really be something to pull off in a competitive match :D
That's possible in low-oil games (high oil would have horribly low FPS), but can make it hard to balance teams fairly.
Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member

Post by Per »

Cyp wrote:That's possible in low-oil games (high oil would have horribly low FPS), but can make it hard to balance teams fairly.
Each player can be on both teams? Should be perfect balance.
technician
Rookie
Rookie

Post by technician »

You don't need to switch players to test unit designs. In warzone it is possible to order combat units to fire on friendly units by holding down the "alt" key, so you can effectively set two of your units duelling each other.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

In warzone it is possible to order combat units to fire on friendly units by holding down the "alt" key, so you can effectively set two of your units duelling each other.
You can't test some stuff that way, eg. incendiary area damage.
awesomedog7
Greenhorn

Post by awesomedog7 »

What you can do is become the AI player, design the unit while you are them, give it in the debug menu, load it into a transport, then unload it and make it attavk you unit. AI units loaded into transports don't register with the AI and they don't bother controlling them.
ClockWork
Trained
Trained

Post by ClockWork »

NoQ wrote:
In warzone it is possible to order combat units to fire on friendly units by holding down the "alt" key, so you can effectively set two of your units duelling each other.
You can't test some stuff that way, eg. incendiary area damage.
Also a player may wish to test the difference in research data as well, to compare how well engine upgrades do with the same droid build, or how long a cyborg can last against cannon fire under different research levels.