3 Factions.

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
KarthikPrakashIyer
New user

3 Factions.

Post by KarthikPrakashIyer »

I love Single Player Skirmishes..... But Playing Against The same boring tech tree all the time is.... Boring.... unsatisfactory..... What i am suggesting is that we make 3 factions out of existing units and structures?
1) Cyborgs and Light Vehicles + Bunkers.....(Balanced)
2) VTOL Medium Vehicles + HardPoints and Sensors...(pure air combat,Offensive)
3) Heavy Vehicles(cannons and lancers) + Those 4 Big Hardpoints(Heavy Stuff,Defensive)
..... This can be like a Warzone 2?
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: 3 Factions.

Post by NoQ »

Do you know that we have weapon-propulsion modifiers and different weapons have different functions? Do you know that some weapons have similar functions and it doesn't make sense to research all weapons in every game? If you do, then you can easily figure out that we are already having factions and you're not really playing against the same tech tree every time. For example, it's absolutely senseless to use cannons and rockets simultaneously in one team. You're using either cannons or rockets, which already makes two factions. Our tech tree already splits naturally into factions, and, moreover, you choose a faction in every game.

But if you are playing against Nexus AI all the time, you will not notice that. Your problem would be that your enemy uses the same strategy all the time, not that only one strategy exists. And it also means you haven't actually tasted the game yet.
KarthikPrakashIyer
New user

Yeah... I only Play against Nexus AI...... No Good Internet Here...... And you see,Everything Looks the same! Atleast Differentiating would be a lot cooler?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

The easiest way to defeat Nexus AI is
Spoiler:
Try to choose other AIs at least, they may give you more variety.
montetank
Regular
Regular

Post by montetank »

NoQ wrote:The easiest way to defeat Nexus AI is
Spoiler:
Try to choose other AIs at least, they may give you more variety.
NoQ-tell him something about the extra-NullBots, you created. They are great :)
In case the WZ-game ends in a draw , the game winner will be determined by penalty shoot-out.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Standard should be fine too. It chooses randomly from 5 different possible factions and on hard difficulty it also adapts to your play style. Extras are mostly good if you need to expect strictly defined behaviour, i'm not sure if it's what he wants.
themac
Trained
Trained

Post by themac »

Years ago I realized that the source missile and the gauss canon are exactly the same in terms of range and strongness. No need to research them both. :-)
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

the source missile and the gauss canon are exactly the same in terms of range and strongness
You are right that both are not necessary, but in fact these two in particular are quite different. Penetrating damage makes rail guns very powerful. Rail guns are ultimate ground weapons that work fairly well against all three: tanks, cyborgs and defenses; yet failing against air attacks and artillery. Scourges need to be complemented with seraphs to survive against cyborgs. But scourge/seraph mix can get accidentally more powerful than railguns in places with high cliffs and narrow curved paths, where indirectness of seraphs boosts their strength dramatically. Rocket branch also provides powerful anti-air and arty weapons. With gauss you'd rather get stormbringers and howitzers (which are separate branches).
KarthikPrakashIyer
New user

Hmm... How do i select other AI?
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Click on it.
KarthikPrakashIyer
New user

Yeah,Playing the nullBots are tough... but they have hit and run strategies..... so it's easy once i swarm their bases....