THANK YOU!!!!

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
kainalu
Rookie
Rookie

THANK YOU!!!!

Post by kainalu »

I wanted to say to the Warzones team :

With the death of the Command and Conquer series a while back, RTS games in general, and anything OFFLINE and DRM FREE, I must say to this DAY that I still think that this and Star Trek Armada Fleet Operations are the BEST RTS games on the market.

I just wanted to tell the team THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK.

If you do not hear it enough, it is because we are all so busy playing that we forget to tell you :D

--Kainalu
Perseus
Trained
Trained

Re: THANK YOU!!!!

Post by Perseus »

kainalu wrote:With the death of the Command and Conquer series a while back
Haven't you heard of Command and Conquer Generals 2?
It's to be a free-to-play game, looks to be shaping up well.
kainalu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kainalu »

@Perseus

The lack of offline, single player mode, and the lack of a decent planned-from-the-beginning Single Player Campaign turns me off.

Also, I am wary of EA Games. Their track record is horrendous. I basically have a soft boycott on them. Seeing EA Games logo on something is like seeing Mcdonalds Logo. Cheap, good enough for the masses, but not that good. and probably will make you sick before it is all over.

I appreciate you chiming in though. Always nice to hear about new releases in my favorite genre.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

Seems a lot of the newest RTS games have gone online only such as End of Nations. I think the single player offline game is itself becoming a dying breed.
AWarZoner
Trained
Trained

Post by AWarZoner »

Lord Apocalypse wrote:Seems a lot of the newest RTS games have gone online only such as End of Nations. I think the single player offline game is itself becoming a dying breed.
I don't agree, I can't wait to play offline again with Nullbot.

Andrie
kainalu
Rookie
Rookie

Post by kainalu »

I couldn't agree more. Offline Nullbot sound GREAT.

If I HAVE to be online to play alone, there is no benefit to me. That is purely a marketing move and a power grab on the part of the publishers. I will have none of it.

I REALLY tried with Diablo III. that didn't work so well. My password had to be reset constantly, they b***hed every time I changed things around with my OS, and the server maintenance cycle coincided with my gaming time.

Have you though what happens when they come out with New Great Game 2015, and decide there is no profit in keeping Old Great Game 2013 servers online? :(

Forced upgrades, no resale, always online and watching...PFFT. I don't have time for that nonsense. Games are supposed to be casual and fun. Relaxing, not a part time job. XD
Orcelo
New user

Post by Orcelo »

I agree completely, after Command and Conquer 3...it kinda died hardcore. Not only did they totally change the strategy with C&C, but they kinda made the story line...kinda weird. I still think the first C&C was awesome... or maybe it's because i was a child when it came out.
It is true though, most games require purely online play only, and it gets kinda annoying, maybe i don't wanna play with overtly competitive players all the time, and just wanna build a base and admire my empire will the rest of the bots squirm to keep up with my steamroller army...oh well.