Beta 01 terrain issues

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Beta 01 terrain issues

Post by Bethrezen »

hi all

I'm curious can the campaign maps be edited if so how ? because despite having what at first glance seems to be a relatively big area to build a base after you fight off the collective on beta 01 you will quickly discover that there isn't actually enough room to properly build a base due to the uneven terrain every time i land on this map i have to spend ages trying to level the area so i can actually build a base, because building is continually blocked by the uneven terrain and I'm wondering if this map could get a small modification to make the area where you build your base all be on the same level I'm not talking about the whole crater just the bit where your base is the little hill in the middle of the crater

or would it be possible to add a more effective way to level the terrain maybe a bulldoze area command that will flatten the specified area and bring all the terrain in that area to the same level
Originway
Trained
Trained

Re: Beta 01 terrain issues

Post by Originway »

upload a savegame
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

You can build stuff in the nearby crater where the oil drums are, or up on the plateau near the corner of the map next to your base. As for AA defences, etc., they can be built in the "moat" around the main base area.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

hi

I don't actually have a save game to upload at the moment but to illustrate the point here is a screen shot of how your landing zone for beta 01 looks when you first land as you will see the ground is very uneven making it difficult to actually build a base there

So I'm wondering if the terrain could me modified to make the area shown above where you are supposed to build your base flat thus making it easier to build your base once you fight off the collective

in this second shot we see the same area from over head now at first glance it looks like you have loads of room to build but as the first shot demonstrates that's simply not the case

Perseus
Trained
Trained

Post by Perseus »

Bethrezen wrote:i have to spend ages trying to level the area so i can actually build a base, because building is continually blocked by the uneven terrain
When you say you spend ages leveling the area, what exactly do you mean?

This is a first, don't think I've seen anyone complain about anything like this in campaign.
The game is over 10 years old you know...
If it were a real problem i'm sure someone would have done something about it by now.
Lord Apocalypse
Regular
Regular

Post by Lord Apocalypse »

You can build and demolish buildings to level the terrain. Have you ever noticed that when you build a factory the terrain at that location gets smoothed out? It was like that in the retail version as well. There was also at some point a debug command (in retail) that would allow for leveling of terrain though i do not think it was left in the GPLed code.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

The debug menu in 3.1.0 and earlier has the terrain smoothing "Z Align" button, however it is somewhat flakey.

The beta base is designed to be a wreck - it's been under heavy attack by The Collective and it's part of the gameplay in that mission: You're arriving at a badly damaged base that's about to fall in to enemy hands and have to frantically work at saving it in any way you can. It's not a bug.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Originway
Trained
Trained

Post by Originway »

yeah there is nothing wrong with the map that is how it is supposed to be
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Post by Bethrezen »

The beta base is designed to be a wreck - it's been under heavy attack by The Collective and it's part of the gameplay in that mission: You're arriving at a badly damaged base that's about to fall in to enemy hands and have to frantically work at saving it in any way you can. It's not a bug.
I get that and i never said it was a bug i was just wondering if there was a way to level the area to make setting up a base easier once I've secured the base because i just don't have enough space to build, just 2 tank factories, 2 vtol factories and the landing pads take up like 75% of the available space and that's before I've even though about trying to find somewhere to stick the command center, the command relay building, the 5 science labs and enough power plants to power everything, all while still leaving enough open space to allow my vehicles to maneuver so they don't get stuck. clearly its not impossible to do its just annoying and to be honest its actually quicker and easier to just take over the air field once you get that far.
Perseus
Trained
Trained

Post by Perseus »

Bethrezen wrote:I don't actually have a save game to upload at the moment
Please attach a save game to a post, it would be more useful, some of us haven't played campaign in a while.