Re: what is the power?

Post by IgorBrehm »

Oil....
guiro
Greenhorn

Post by guiro »

then

What is the point of the power generator?
IgorBrehm
Trained
Trained

Post by IgorBrehm »

I think it burns oil and make electric power
guiro
Greenhorn

Post by guiro »

The oil is stored and then when you buy something the oil is burned and turned into power
correct?
IgorBrehm
Trained
Trained

Post by IgorBrehm »

I think so
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

And when your trucks build something, the power of the burnt oil gets transferred wirelessly to the construction site and turns into a building while temporarily being visible only as a blueish beam of light they emanate.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

My personal take on power is...

The oil resources are pre-Collapse remnants of humanity's folly in to fracking, the result of large conglomerates attempt to prevent the use of renewable or sustainable energy sources (not enough profit and population control in those). After years of fracking, vast areas of land were polluted with a wide range of toxic chemicals, and in a desperate attempt to cover up the mess they installed these vent points to try and control where the pollution surfaced.

However, with polluted water and insufficient oil to drive large agriculture, food production waned and full scale civil war erupted in most regions of the world. For years, the vents have collecting pollution and around the time of the collapse new advances in RepRap found a way to utilise the now vast reserves of pollution for construction.

After the Collapse, and with all other means of construction and electricity generation unavailable or inoperable, the oil resources (pollution vents) become very important as the main means with which to generate RepRap compound, with the added benefit that the processing plants (power generators) generate large amounts of electricity in the process.

Quite how the pollution from oil resources reaches the power gens is still a mystery - maybe via underground network of pre-Collapse pipes?

So, at the power gen, the pollution is converted in to RepRap compound and electricity is a by-product. Having recovered secret archives of Nikola Tessla's work from the remains of vaults at central banks, where they had been keeping it secret for over a century in order to protect their investments in industrial-era corporations, wireless power becomes widely used as a means to not only dissipate the excess electricity but also to re-absorb it in to structures and units across a wide area.

Both factories and construction droids use the RepRap compound, processed at power gens, to build droids and structures. Again, it's not clear how the RepRap compound would get from the power gen to factories and trucks.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Knowledge?

Nowadays information?

Ah it was not to be philosophical :doh:

I admit I had this question few times already and always forgot to ask.
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Power is energy in any useful form. In most current-day applications, electricity is the most versatile form of energy, but any other form of energy that is easily utilized is considered power, too.
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
Rommel
Trained
Trained

Post by Rommel »

I have always pondered making some kind of generator with a fresnel lens. Something that would basically run some kind of system whereby it always focuses in an optimum way to push all it's heat on to one point all day. This point would use the intense heat to run a stirling engine to generate electricity with an alternator of some kind and store in batteries. The main trick would be getting the device set up so that it would auto focus the fresnel lens in the correct place, probably some kind thing controlled by Android OS and a smartphone to do the processing. I think if you were in an area with enough sun you could power your house on this.

And unlike solar panels, once the details were worked out, it would be very cheap and easy to maintain.

Also speaking of "the result of large conglomerates attempt to prevent the use of renewable or sustainable energy sources (not enough profit and population control in those)" I feel this is true. For a long time "TPTB" have told us the renewable energy is just not feasible because it is hard to transport from the place it is generated to the place it is needed.

This is untrue, especially after recent advances in concepts like this: http://spie.org/x90221.xml which is basically converting "air" to hydrocarbons (gasoline from air). We spend so many billions on war, yet can't even set up simple stations in the worlds hottest deserts or windiest places to generate gasoline from the air and then transport it where it is needed (gasoline is an excellent storage medium for energy).

Doing it like this would solve the greenhouse emissions issue over night, you see we would no longer be adding carbon to the atmosphere via mining hydrocarbons from the ground where they have been locked up for millions of years, we would be taking it directly from the air, thus not adding carbon, only using what is already there, the carbon emissions just go back to where they have come from...
Moving back instead of forward
Seems to me absurd
~
Metallica - Eye of the beholder
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

Solar Panels are actually very cheap, but big energy companies are trying to push prices up in all manner of underhanded ways in order to prevent wider adoption of sustainable energy. There's a bloke in USA that found he could power and heat his own home for under $500 investment, just by making some stuff himself (eg. making his own frame for the solar panels). He did such a good job that his house now pushes power on to the electricity grid and instead of receiving a bill each month he receives a payment from the electricity company.

Another fine example of solar -- Germany made a solar plant that produces more energy than 20 nuclear power plants, with no radiation hazards.

And then there's the 3 acre farm that produces vast amounts of produce all year without needing external heating or petrochemicals, using things like composting and gravity as its energy sources.

It's a truly endless list of innovation, thwarted every step of the way by government/military/financial/corporate interests.

I've found that the more I learn about governments, the more insidious they become. They are the present-day equivalent of the NEXUS intruder program. The sooner we can be rid of them, and their military and financial crime departments, the better. Sadly though, it seems we are on the verge of the opposite happening - the Fourth Reich is just around the corner. :(
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

Would it be inappropriate if i ask "What is love?" here?

Or at least what is love in terms of Scavengers breeding, and how interracial intercourses will affect particular Warzone groubs, and tribes? And if a young handsome member of The Project, loves a scavenger woman. Is that bad?
“Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, and ideas are bulletproof.” - V

"Mark my words boy, Mark them well, I have survived your predecessors and I will survive you." - Merovingian

Regards - Mero
Rman Virgil
Professional
Professional

Post by Rman Virgil »

I'm detecting a fellow student of the work of investigative journalist Jim Marrs. :)

=====>

I came across a definition of "power" some years back, that has really stuck with me:
Power is the ability to cause or prevent change.
Bluffing, sacrafice, miss-direction..... could be seen in those terms, I think. :hmm:

Impact = C x (R + E + A + T + E)

Contrast
Reach
Exposure
Articulation
Trust
Echo
Merowingg
Regular
Regular

Post by Merowingg »

I like that :3

Now a dose of nonsence irrelevant typing from me.

Power-rangers ;)

Regards - Mero