Warzone 2100-3.1_rc3 Odd behavior from mortar units

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
Bethrezen
Regular
Regular

Warzone 2100-3.1_rc3 Odd behavior from mortar units

Post by Bethrezen »

hi all

noticed some odd behavior from mortar units in Warzone 2100-3.1_rc3 that i though I'd query normally when you have mortar units attached to a scanner if the designated target is out of range the mortar units will move up until in firing range and then commence attack this bit works as expected whats not working as expected is that they are continuing to move up even when they are already in range of the designated target so much so that they actually move right in to firing range of the designated target which is odd artillery units should only move up as much as they need to to be able to hit the designated target if the target is already in range then they shouldn't move at all they should just commence firing any one have any idea why this is happening and how to put a stop to it ? is this odd behavior a bug with this version because i don't remember mortar units doing this in previous versions of the game ?

also i noticed an issue with saves as well they don't seem to be correctly storing unit data and as a result entire squad's of units are vanishing it seems to be an issue with level transitioning because if i build units while off map then save just before finishing the level if i later reload that save finish the level when i transition back to my base the units that i built while off map will have vanished any idea whats up with that because its rather annoying
Sentenza
New user

Re: Warzone 2100-3.1_rc3 Odd behavior from mortar units

Post by Sentenza »

The bug is up on track, opened a year ago, unfortunately I'm stuck with my current playthough of the campaign, waiting for a fix :)

Anyways, here's the ticket for the first bug mentioned:
http://developer.wz2100.net/ticket/3343