truck or combat engineer

Here you may talk about Warzone's Gameplay, Strategy & Tactics
Figger4
Greenhorn

Re: truck or combat engineer

Post by Figger4 »

i have used combat engineers when i send trucks to an area i want to defend and ive built all my factories in home area but i need more builders, i build a cyborg factory and use combat engineers.

On my original 2100, i have vtol trucks that i got from the NEWST site, when they were around, i wish i could get them on this version but the mod is .wdg format, they are my favorite unit.
KEN+J
Trained
Trained

Post by KEN+J »

I still love 'VTOL TRUCKS' they work great and you could make them designable. I wounder why is NTW no longer with the game?
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

The scripting language and a load of other stuff has changed since 2.x versions. However, we're getting closer to the point where a lot of that stuff can be recreated using the JS API in the WZ 3.2 branch.

For example, I've been investigating things like mine layers and nuclear power plants. Currently a bit icky to implement, but there are open wishlist items for the few remaining functions that are needed to implement them (and other things like that) properly.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
KEN+J
Trained
Trained

Post by KEN+J »

Thank you for your quick reply. I have one more question for you, how can I find where to change how many objects trucks can build in the 2.3x versions,I still love the 2.3x versions(It is now only 11 at a time)
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I think that's somewhere in the C++ code, I know it was one of the main changes between 2.x and 3.x, that in 3.x you can queue many more instructions.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
KEN+J
Trained
Trained

Post by KEN+J »

I have to tell you I have no ideal what you are talking about.I just spent the last 2 hrs. looking for this c++ code and I couldn't find it. I'm not a "modder" I wish I was,but if you tell me what I need and how to do it, I believe I can do it.I just need a little help.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I too struggle with the C++ code, it melts my brain. Anyway, it's the language the game itself is written in. The game source code is on github: https://github.com/Warzone2100/warzone2100
Virus- A
Trained
Trained

Post by Virus- A »

KEN+J wrote:Tengo que decirte que no tienen ideal lo que está hablando about.I acaba de pasar las últimas 2 horas. buscando este código C + + y no pude encontrarla. Yo no soy un "modder" Me gustaría, pero si me dices lo que necesito y cómo hacerlo, creo que puedo hacer it.I sólo necesitan un poco de ayuda.
it's really not easy to understand the language of play, has strange signs
xico - Español/Ingles un poco- -También conocido por "RaNgEl"☜ ☆ ☞ Luis Diego Rangel☜ ☆ ☞ ♪♪♫ ♫
KEN+J
Trained
Trained

Post by KEN+J »

I have been looking at the site you said for some time now,went to branch 3.2 and after that I could not make out "heads or tails" at what I was looking at or looking for.I need a road map or a "NAVI" to find what I am looking for.Could someone give me more help please?
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

The engineers have a construction speed of 5
vs trucks that have a construction speed of 8

So trucks are better in general, unless the legs have good weapon modifiers.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
KEN+J
Trained
Trained

Post by KEN+J »

What I would like to know is if we could increase the number of items a truck can build from 11 to more in the older version 2.3x so I could have 1 truck building my factories and 1 building something else,like building 50 vtol pads and so-on, then i could have 5 trucks building my walls and so-on.I would like to have the build number increased so I can keep my eyes on the enemy while my orders are being done.Not so much as to how fast they build,but that to is good to know.So could someone tell where and how to do this,or perhaps make a mod for this?
KEN+J
Trained
Trained

Post by KEN+J »

I have a question,if I want to increase the number of items my trucks can build in 2.3x versions of the game do I try to edit the " SLO or the VLO files of the game from 11 to more.