Yet another balance proposal.

The place to discuss balance changes for future versions of the game.
(Master releases & 3.X)
Post Reply
Reg312
Regular
Regular
Posts: 681
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 18:36

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by Reg312 » 16 May 2012, 19:07

NoQ wrote:We can increase build time for fortresses (?)
but bigger may).
i think current mod can bring drastic changes for some players.. other people keep silence.
so may be better make changes smoother (and less balanced)
Cannon Fortress price 1000->900 range 1792->1408
Thermite Bombs incend.damage 200->120
Plasmite Bombs incend.damage 200->140

Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani
Posts: 766
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 23:35

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by Cyp » 16 May 2012, 20:02

Don't know how it would affect balance, but maybe change seraph/archangel from INDIRECT to HOMING-INDIRECT, to make them better match scourge (which I think is homing). As I see it, scourge/seraph/archangel is a later version of lancer/MRA/ripple.

User avatar
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 1803
Joined: 02 Oct 2010, 18:44

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by Iluvalar » 17 May 2012, 05:05

Scourge are anti tank.
Arch angels are long range arty to damage structure.
The seraph are therefore short range arty mainly used again cyborgs. However, there is no cyborgs at that point lol. So balancing seraph is useless unless we had T3 cyborgs that can stand the heat.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.

User avatar
NoQ
Special
Special
Posts: 6226
Joined: 24 Dec 2009, 11:35
Location: /var/zone

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by NoQ » 17 May 2012, 06:55

However, there is no cyborgs at that point lol.
Emm every time i was at that point, there were quite a few cyborgs around :oops:
HOMING-INDIRECT
:shock:
Cruise missiles :shock:

Looked pretty cool. I even decreased the damage to balance the coolness of the looks.

Also, i just noticed that i forgot to decrease the splash damage of MRAs (so it ended up being bigger than the regular one). Sort of fixed now.

Ok to end up like this?
Inferno price 80->110 incend.radius 64->48 incend.damage 40->32
Thermite Cyborg incend.damage 38->32
Plasmite price 80->130 incend.radius 96->60 incend.damage 63->50
Incendiary Mortar price 150->200 pit price 135->170 incend.damage 30->22
Incendiary Howitzer price 250->300 emplacement price 325->400 incend.damage 60->32
Minipod range 1152->1088
MRA damage 34->29 splash damage 30->29 reload time 145->165
HMG damage 18->17
AG fire pause 3->4 damage 20->19
TAG price 100->120 fire pause 3->4 damage 30->28
AG Cyborg fire pause 4->5 damage 20->18
MG ROF upgrades 15%/30%/45% -> 17%/34%/50%.
MC research points 4800->3600
HPV research points 7200->4800
Gates price 25->75
Whirlwind fire pause 3->4
Thermite Bombs incend.damage 200->120
Plasmite Bombs incend.damage 200->140
Cannon Fortress price 1000->900 range 1792->1408
Seraph damage 120->110 splash 100->90 INDIRECT->HOMING-INDIRECT
Archangel INDIRECT->HOMING-INDIRECT

User avatar
Giani
Regular
Regular
Posts: 804
Joined: 23 Aug 2011, 22:42
Location: Argentina

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by Giani » 17 May 2012, 13:37

NoQ wrote: Seraph damage 120->110 splash 100->90 INDIRECT->HOMING-INDIRECT
Archangel INDIRECT->HOMING-INDIRECT
What is a HOMING-INDIRECT weapon? :oops:
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501

User avatar
NoQ
Special
Special
Posts: 6226
Joined: 24 Dec 2009, 11:35
Location: /var/zone

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by NoQ » 17 May 2012, 13:58


Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani
Posts: 766
Joined: 17 Jan 2010, 23:35

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by Cyp » 17 May 2012, 14:05

In 2.3, think it was identical to plain INDIRECT. I assume it was probably intended to do something different, but don't know what.

In 3.1, it moves like HOMING, except that it tries to avoid hitting the terrain, and targets like INDIRECT (using sensors for example). Don't know whether that's what they had in mind originally, or something completely different.

For extra fun, set the projectile speed to a bit less than hover, and see if you can avoid the projectiles with a hovertank. Good luck.

Reg312
Regular
Regular
Posts: 681
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 18:36

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by Reg312 » 17 May 2012, 15:25

imo arachngel should not be homing, because its artillery = small cheap rockets :)
NoQ are you ready for ticketing?

User avatar
NoQ
Special
Special
Posts: 6226
Joined: 24 Dec 2009, 11:35
Location: /var/zone

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by NoQ » 17 May 2012, 18:38

imo arachngel should not be homing, because its artillery = small cheap rockets
Well, all five are artillery ... :hmm:
For extra fun, set the projectile speed to a bit less than hover, and see if you can avoid the projectiles with a hovertank. Good luck.
Awww why didn't you say it earlier :D
(i'll be unable to test things for several days, probably someone else might try to make a few more updates before the release ...)

User avatar
aubergine
Professional
Professional
Posts: 3459
Joined: 10 Oct 2010, 00:58
Contact:

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by aubergine » 17 May 2012, 23:55

HOMING-INDIRECT is awesome win!
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO

Per
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Warzone 2100 Team Member
Posts: 3775
Joined: 03 Aug 2006, 19:39

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by Per » 18 May 2012, 10:37

Homing projectiles do not miss due to target moving about. At least, that is what they are supposed to be doing.

User avatar
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 1803
Joined: 02 Oct 2010, 18:44

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by Iluvalar » 20 May 2012, 19:29

NoQ wrote:
However, there is no cyborgs at that point lol.
Emm every time i was at that point, there were quite a few cyborgs around :oops:
Stop playing with your food NoQ ! There is not enough option in T2, they evolve too slowly, they reach a dead-end and are stuck on only one possible propulsion.

"Every time you are at that point" you should be DEAD !!! dead dead dead dead dead ! XD. Why you you survive a cyborg strategy using mainly anti-tank weapons huh ? Because they can't kill what they are designed to kill.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.

User avatar
Giani
Regular
Regular
Posts: 804
Joined: 23 Aug 2011, 22:42
Location: Argentina

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by Giani » 20 May 2012, 20:04

Iluvalar wrote:There is not enough option in T2, they evolve too slowly, they reach a dead-end and are stuck on only one possible propulsion.

"Every time you are at that point" you should be DEAD !!! dead dead dead dead dead ! XD. Why you you survive a cyborg strategy using mainly anti-tank weapons huh ? Because they can't kill what they are designed to kill.
So you say cyborgs are unbalanced or useless?
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501

Reg312
Regular
Regular
Posts: 681
Joined: 25 Mar 2011, 18:36

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by Reg312 » 20 May 2012, 20:12

heavy cyborgs with cannons was quite usable in 2.3.x (dont know about low oil)

User avatar
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular
Posts: 1803
Joined: 02 Oct 2010, 18:44

Re: Yet another balance proposal.

Post by Iluvalar » 20 May 2012, 21:34

Giani wrote: So you say cyborgs are unbalanced or useless?
I say they slowly decay over time. Much more like structure when I think about. All the cyborgs bodies are pretty much the same... That's why the gauss cannon is the all time favorite. I added the explorer and the quark heavy cyborgs in NRS for that purpose. The borg bodies also grow faster in NRS.

I dont say it's that bad, but i just note that any anti-cyborg in mid T3 and above are apparently weaker but should not be boosted until we add some more end T3 borgs. Heavy laser, nexus, hellstorm and seraph are in that category.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.

Post Reply