Why do Cyborgs have so much HP?

The place to discuss balance changes for future versions of the game.
(Master releases & 3.X)
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Why do Cyborgs have so much HP?

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

While peering through body.txt in 3.1 beta 4, I noticed that the cyborg bodies have 200 HP, which would put their HP on par with a Cobra Hover, though costing about $65 less than one. The Super Cyborg bodies apparently have 300 HP, which means that they'd have 50 more HP than a Python Wheels, while costing $35 less. All I have to say about this is what the heck people? :augh:
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Re: Why do Cyborgs have so much HP?

Post by aubergine »

You have to take in to account the capabilities of AP weapons, and the prices and stats of those.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

They are clearly slower than cobra hovers, and nobody is using python wheels in any serious match. Yeah, and modifiers.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

The bodies are excellent.
The propulsion are good.
But the weapons for cyborgs are really bad.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Shadow Wolf TJC
Regular
Regular

Post by Shadow Wolf TJC »

Still, don't they seem a little OP for their price?
Creator of Warzone 2100: Contingency!
Founder of Wikizone 2100: http://wikizone2100.wikia.com/wiki/Wikizone_2100
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

It's still close to impossible to win a game with pure cyborgs, unless an opponent makes some bad mistakes (for example, borgs are your weapons of choice against Nexus AI who almost never uses AP weapons). Winning with pure tanks is much easier, but still hard.

I don't mind having them nerfed a little bit, but i'm not really waiting for it desperately. Also, their strong bodies compensate the fact that you get better bodies much earlier than borg composite alloys.
Jorzi
Regular
Regular

Post by Jorzi »

Cyborgs are not that hard to defend against, just put up some default mg bunkers, mortars, MRA or flamers and they'll die quite easily. Especially their vulnerability against artillery and limited firepower makes them quite unsuited for direct assaults
ImageImage
-insert deep philosophical statement here-
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

I've always found MRA to be mostly useless against borgs. MG bunkers and mortars work well, flamers too if you can get them in a good location.

But if you get a herd of lancer borgs at the right point in the game, they are a force to be reckoned with.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Yeah, lancer borgs can be quite a problem against MRAs, but all other early borgs die pretty well against them. In fact, lancer borgs appear much later than MRAs ... but it doesn't help, cause there's no late version of MRA to hard-counter them until seraph.

Of course, i suppose you know that MRAs are to be put on hover propulsion. I think MRA python hovers work relatively well against lancer borgs. Even though you'll certainly have some hovers dead, their splash will be very effective against borg masses, while lancers have relatively bad modifiers against hovers and don't enjoy splash damage.