Demolish/Auto-demolish Half Built enemy Derricks?

The place to discuss balance changes for future versions of the game.
(Master releases & 3.X)
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: Demolish/Auto-demolish Half Built enemy Derricks?

Post by NoQ »

Reg312 wrote:a bit unreal
Considering that they are made of pure electricity (transfered to the trucks via wi-fi), i found it perfectly realistic (:
Iluvalar wrote:Sorry but it's overkill. Half-build have already half-hp in master.
Hmm. What do we loose if we introduce this rule? Well, it might be ok to apply this rule to derricks only.
ODDity wrote:my approach would be the burn time of the well is proportional to how built the derrick was. Example a fully built and operational derrick gets destroyed the well burns for the full amount of time, whereas a half built derrick gets destroyed the well just burns for half as long.
Good idea, but not directly related: the situation when you have tanks to capture the derrick is not really a problem, but the early game when only trucks are present on the map is.
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

Terminator wrote: I'm for increasing build time + auto-demolish - would be fine I think. I dont like this "oil-hunt" too :(
same
Berg
Regular
Regular

Post by Berg »

Would it be correct to suggest that the derrick is half build because the builder has been destroyed...
Leaving the attacking unit there a little longer and destroy the half made derrick too!
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Would it be correct to suggest that the derrick is half build because the builder has been destroyed...
the situation when you have tanks to capture the derrick is not really a problem, but the early game when only trucks are present on the map is.
zany
Trained
Trained

Post by zany »

Berg wrote:Would it be correct to suggest that the derrick is half build because the builder has been destroyed...
Leaving the attacking unit there a little longer and destroy the half made derrick too!
no you can drive truck and do partial builds to prevent other team from using trucks to get oil
ODDity
Trained
Trained

Post by ODDity »

The notion of "auto demolish" doesn't sit well with me
Emdek
Regular
Regular

Post by Emdek »

NoQ wrote:Let's just auto-decay unfinished structures unless they are being built by at least one truck. If that's what meant by auto-demolish, i like it, and it seems to be the simpliest (:
I like this idea, if it would apply to all structures, time to fully auto decay could depend on percentage level of completion.
Unfinished building should start that sequence after (probably) constant time (for example 10 seconds) and then start to revert it's completion level bar.
Nadszedł już czas, najwyższy czas, nienawiść zniszczyć w sobie.
The time has come, the high time, to destroy hatred in oneself.

Beware! Mad Qt Evangelist.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

NoQ wrote:
Reg312 wrote:a bit unreal
Considering that they are made of pure electricity (transfered to the trucks via wi-fi), i found it perfectly realistic (:
okok, every solution much better than current situatuion!
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

it would not solve the problem at all if the truck rusher build them completely. They are still free hp...
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

Iluvalar wrote:it would not solve the problem at all if the truck rusher build them completely. They are still free hp...
"free HP"? your truck can be killed then you lost power
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

combined with mg towers, you can't attack with viper wheel because they are too weak to face the tower and you can't counter with towers yourself because they would shoot the derrick first. Hence the free hp. The rushed player is screwed enough to lose a lot of energy.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Derricks shouldn't cost anything. Anything else is a filthy mod. If the community really wants to get rid of half builds, they should do the auto-vanish suggestion.
A delay of 10 seconds with no burning seems fair.

EDIT: Some have said I have switched sides and am in favor of removing half builds, I am not.
Last edited by bendib on 07 Mar 2012, 03:38, edited 1 time in total.
Also known as Subsentient.
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Iluvalar: STOP TRYING TO MAKE THE GAME COMPLETELY BALANCED. It's not supposed to be completely even! You're going to make it boring!
Perseus
Trained
Trained

Post by Perseus »

Don't really see the point of this, thought half builds had been dealt with - they don't have as much hp as 2.3.9. Therefore, are easily destroyed anyway. Why the need for an additional change?
bendib
Regular
Regular

Post by bendib »

Thank you Perseus!