laser sats

The place to discuss balance changes for future versions of the game.
(Master releases & 3.X)

are lasers sats overpowered

overpowered
6%
fair
59%
bad
18%
insane
18%

Total votes: 17

nategold91
New user

laser sats

Post by nategold91 »

do you think lasers sats are overpowered.
NoQ
Special
Special

Re: laser sats

Post by NoQ »

Unlike thermal bombs or artillery, laser satellites are very rarely an instant win.
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

laser satellites are ok, because it reqires too much research, and this is good way to end unending game :)
Axel
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Axel »

LasSat is ok
I play also under names: Zames, Cruel, Trauma
Black Project
Regular
Regular

Post by Black Project »

lav_coyote25 wrote:i turn off lassats. the biggest waste of time and energy. and when you are targeted by 7 players all at the same time... game over. this weapon should not even be in the game. you want a super weapon? bring in nukes. is the same ending. :annoyed:
Well, in that case, you're talking about Skirmish, just disable it in structure limits and the AI will not bother you anymore.

It's very unlikely that would happen in a MP match, unless you're playing a high-oil teamplay map (NTW or Squared for example)

Nukes were already been discussed and we'll only see it in mods, no way in the current releases.

LasSat is fine, no need to touch it.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

and when you are targeted by 7 players all at the same time... game over.
Skirmish is completely unrelated to balance. There is no balance in skirmish, because there is no AI with completely branch-balanced gameplay style, and there are no fair teams to have balance between. Not just opinion, skirmish is clearly off topic in this forum section.
aubergine
Professional
Professional

Post by aubergine »

There soon will be an AI with balanced gameplay style ;)

Anyway, I think lassat is fine, but maybe double the reload time (they're recharging via rusty solar panels after all!). That way first person to get lassat can get one early strike in, but it gives the other players a little more time to research lassat (or try and destroy the enemy lassat) before the next strikes hit.
"Dedicated to discovering Warzone artefacts, and sharing them freely for the benefit of the community."
-- https://warzone.atlassian.net/wiki/display/GO
effigy
Regular
Regular

Post by effigy »

I think lassat is fine as-is.
This is why some features aren't implemented: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=7490&view=unread#p87241