Current Balance poll

The place to discuss balance changes for future versions of the game.
(Master releases & 3.X)

The balance for master is

Perfect
4%
Good
31%
OK
27%
Is fair for the most part (explain)
19%
Bad (explain)
No votes
Give me 1.10 balance! (even know we all know that wasn't perfectly balanced...)
19%

Total votes: 26

zany
Trained
Trained

Re: Current Balance poll

Post by zany »

Reg312 wrote:i think better ask people: Do you want improve game by making useless things better?
or Do you like more ways how you can kill enemies?
what does that mean? you can already kill a enemy tons of different ways O_o
what things are useless? they all serve a function until you research something better
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

zany wrote: what does that mean? you can already kill a enemy tons of different ways O_o
what things are useless? they all serve a function until you research something better
i said from my experience in online multiplayer games.
we have 4 types components in online games:
1) "must to be" components (OP components which brings victory for you)
1) used often (effective components)
2) used very rare (uneffective in most cases)
3) never used

some examples
100% useless components: leopard body, assault cannon, retaliation body, pepperot

*panther body, retaliation body: can use used for vtols and 100% uselese in all another cases

*if you see big map, you should use only hover propulsion when it researched

*tracks useless in most cases, if someone use tracks is noob or experimentator
(in some games tracks are good to counter artillery, but in many games you cannot win with tracks, it reduces your chances to win because your army is very sloow)

*wheeled tanks too weak and can be used only in first few minutes when you have not researched half-tracks

*if you have python body researched in most cases you dont need any another bodies

*(high oil example) if you have fortresses researched you dont need any another direct-fire defenses, fortresses covers whole game to end

some examples of uneffective components: light cannon hardpoint, medium cannon hardpoint, heavy cannon hardpoint (in most cases you can get fortress), and much more another defenses just uneffective
vtol phosphor bombs, vrol cluster bombs

interesting examples:
1) bug body, its components from early research level can be used at any stage of game
bug body = very short build time

2) VTOL thermite bomb bay - this bombs can kill any tank army easily, 1 bomb is about 4000-6000 damage (if tank dont move)

3) Assault gun - in versionm 3.1 beta i had all victories with this weapon and i dont care to research another weapons
anyway is just my opinion

and yes, skilled player can win even if he uses uneffective components
my suggections if just slightlu buff useless components and slighly deduff OP components
Giani
Regular
Regular

Post by Giani »

"100% useless components: leopard body, assault cannon, retaliation body, pepperot"
Assault cannon isnt useless, it is a good weapon against tanks.

" Assault gun - in version 3.1 beta i had all victories with this weapon and i dont care to research another weapons"
Assault gun isnt so strong like in beta2, they changed that.

"some examples of uneffective components: light cannon hardpoint, medium cannon hardpoint, heavy cannon hardpoint (in most cases you can get fortress), and much more another defenses just uneffective"
Why are they uneffective? If your enemy has flamers and you researched cannons these defences will be better than tanks.
My maps: http://forums.wz2100.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9501
Reg312
Regular
Regular

Post by Reg312 »

Giani wrote:"100% useless components: leopard body, assault cannon, retaliation body, pepperot"
Assault cannon isnt useless, it is a good weapon against tanks.
try compare damage [assault cannon] VS [medium cannon] and you see: medium cannon stronger, become researched earlier, and faster to build.
assault cannon is cannon against light tanks, if your enemy have army of viper tanks, in this case assault cannon can be good as medium cannon

*in most cases if you use cannons, first of all - better mix cannon and something another like flamers or MG
next thing - better research heavy cannon or twin assault cannon
there is no place for single assault cannon

cannon is weapon against all
anti-tank weapons is rockets

anyway, play as you like to play :) i just see - assault cannon is not used
Giani wrote: Assault gun isnt so strong like in beta2, they changed that.
i think they did not changed anything related to assault gun from beta2 to beta4
if you dont believe, go make tests and show result
by my feelings, AG did not changed, also i did not see commits related to this
Giani wrote: Why are they uneffective? If your enemy has flamers and you researched cannons these defences will be better than tanks.
hardpoints with cannons is not better by many reasons...
flamers good as cyborgs and hover tanks => heavy machinegun hardpoint better in this case
if you have cannons only => better build just walls and some cannon on hover
another issue with cannon hardpoints - this cannons damage own buildings, if enemy stay close enough
also prices of cannon hardpoins is very high