The DPS need a fix quick (and why)

The place to discuss balance changes for future versions of the game.
(Master releases & 3.X)
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Re: The DPS need a fix quick (and why)

Post by Iluvalar »

Here another great exemple of why the DPS most be reduced back to normal : I'm in a FFA match with excellent players : tmp, ak_rosh and overlord. I chose to sent my first units toward tmp we only lost a few units there and quickly both withdrawed when we realised we had both enough units to hurt too much.

ak_rosh did the same on his side and sent his units toward tmp as well. I realized it 3 minutes later when I saw that overlord's army was better then mine. It could only mean he didn't had to fight ak_rosh. Well... at that point the game was decided. By the time i could react to that reality and reorganize my defense on his side, He was right in the middle of my base exploding all my buildings in a matter of 30 seconds.
Heretic 2.3 improver and proud of it.
vexed
Inactive
Inactive

Post by vexed »

Iluvalar wrote:Here another great exemple of why the DPS most be reduced back to normal : I'm in a FFA match with excellent players : tmp, ak_rosh and overlord. I chose to sent my first units toward tmp we only lost a few units there and quickly both withdrawed when we realised we had both enough units to hurt too much.

ak_rosh did the same on his side and sent his units toward tmp as well. I realized it 3 minutes later when I saw that overlord's army was better then mine. It could only mean he didn't had to fight ak_rosh. Well... at that point the game was decided. By the time i could react to that reality and reorganize my defense on his side, He was right in the middle of my base exploding all my buildings in a matter of 30 seconds.
This is NOT an example of your subject matter.
It just means you were out played by a better player, who you admit had a full strength army waiting to pick up the pieces.

I said it once, and I will say it again, these so called "examples" that you think prove this, do nothing of the sort. You need actual game data from many, many games with equally qualified players of the same level. Anything else, and it is one huge guessing game.
/facepalm ...Grinch stole Warzone🙈🙉🙊 contra principia negantem non est disputandum
Super busy, don't expect a timely reply back.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

My subjective experience doesn't matter here anyway.

The dps WAS increased by 40% it DID reduced my time to react by 40% and I DID produced 40% less units and structure during that reduced amount of time which therefore DID reduce my total HP by 40% and helped overlord get rid of me that much faster. For a total of twice as fast as it would have been in the previous game.

Even if I was out skilled and even if I could have got a chance to survive if I was better. The fact is that my chance of surviving was greatly reduced by that dps increase. The fact is all subjectivity put aside, my chances to win that game just because I chose to go left instead of right was greatly affected. My chances were 25% before I started the game, it was unlikely to be over 10% after my first move. Even if, again, I'm genuinely convince it was down to a pure 0%.
Cyp
Evitcani
Evitcani

Post by Cyp »

Think the only way to balance a FFA game fairly is to add an autobalance script which tells players who to attack next to make it fair.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

No, we need to hardcode the pathfinding for it to only accept to move units clockwise. Duh !

Or we maintain a game were the conditions allows people to realistically win after the first few blind choices. No necessarily keep a 1/nplayer chance to win. but definitively maintain it over 1/(3*nplayer). I hope you realize that this DPS increase had a direct influence on those odds.
NoQ
Special
Special

Post by NoQ »

Made another update on NullBot/MC, the rush build order (http://addons.wz2100.net/174 / v2.09), trying to improve attack timing and attack group size.
Still not good enough, but i'm not instantly seeing how to improve it.
Iluvalar
Regular
Regular

Post by Iluvalar »

NoQ wrote:Made another update on NullBot/MC.
the C in MC mean cannon right ? I think you should clone it before you try what I have in mind. In my opening you don't even consider building a cannon ever. building a second la is conceivable before you conquered most of the oil.

At which point, i'd be busy researching the power gen, the factory module and labs much before I'd ever consider a second weapon line. It wouldn't be NullBot/MC at all if you pull the rush right... And even if your opponent manage to mirror it and it become a draw, the first who will flinch and stop spending everything he got in the factory will instantly collapse and lose the game before he could dream about completing his htrack research... Really.